• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    But many people make VERY BAD business decisions every day. IMHO, this is one of them.

Seems loony to me, but I'm curious why the FFL you are referring to had so many 'not disapproved'.

I am thinking I may go one step ahead. I recently purchased a house in PA and going to move there.
    Should I sell my un fired ARs, xDM and other guns to Md Residents before I go?
    I mean, heck I can replace them and still give them to a MD resident via MSP barracks transfer after 7 days.
    Kinda like a big FU Maryland...

And you'll probably make money. Prices are still inflated, and will be through October. Presumably, at some point prices will return to the neighborhood of sanity and, as a PA resident, you can stock up again.

bdadams84

Mar 19, 2013
    Kensington, MD
    Thank you ab_normal and Gordnfreman for all the effort. I'm also grateful to many of the other productive commentators on this thread.

I shared the information y'all provided to my FFL via email in the hopes that I may receive my Glock.

As I don't have a purchase history with them I did submit a copy of my background results from Homeland Security that allow me to carry a firearm on GSA/FPS sites. The FFL location is also a training facility and they do know me on that side of the business.

Fingers crossed... I'll let y'all know if I have any luck.

Wish you the best and hope they understand.

I want to thank you guys again. I sent the email to th shop's general email account by accident. So I resent it this morning to the general manager. Two hours later he said I can come and get it. It was one month ago today that I filled out the paperwork.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    At first I thought the FBI was partisan.

Then I thought ok; they are not and they will come to help.

But now, the DOJ sent a Judge in and the FBI can't even question the Boston Terrorist. So even if MSP, ATF or FBI would want to help Marylanders - bottom line ...

It's not happening ...

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Noted and I agree!

I should have worded it differently.

Ab_Normal's large number of posts suggest he has been around a long time and has had many, many conversations here and lots and lots of reading (contributes to wisdom).

I have read a couple of hundred of his thousands of posts and have found them all, every one, in my opinion, to exhibit great maturity, extreme wisdom, include the links, documents, statements etc. etc. that show he has done his research, bases his opinions on the research he has done, not hearsay and conjecture, has always used common sense and been a gentleman (contributes to maturity) while doing so.

Is that better? :o
    Yeah...I see your data set as incomplete wrt AbNormal. Thus I see your full up support of his opinion as questionable.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Did you read what he wrote??? (this is called incitement). LOL!

You really have done your homework on this and I'll stand behind ya and bite ankles as needed :D

If you are talking about instigator questioning my maturity and wisdom then I would have to (and have in the past) admit that I do not always act mature and sometimes lack wisdom.:o

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    If you are talking about the instigator questioning my maturity and wisdom then I would have to (and have in the past) admit that I do not always act mature and sometimes lack wisdom.:o

Ya, we all suffer from not acting mature and lacking wisdom, but it's the spunk with which we do that adds to the spice of life. :D

Gordnfreman

Feb 13, 2013
    Westminster
    Yeah...I see your data set as incomplete wrt AbNormal. Thus I see your full up support of his opinion as questionable.
    I am on vacation in the Cayman Islands. I am just way too relaxed and laid back to get into a lengthy response right now. :D

Too much local seafood, Cuban rum, Cuban cigars and beautiful scenery will do that to ya.

Ab can take care of himself, MSI has his back and if you point out exactly what data is incomplete and explain with some detail why my support is questionable I will respond when I have some time or get home on Monday.;)

Gordnfreman

Feb 13, 2013
    Westminster
    If you are talking about instigator questioning my maturity and wisdom then I would have to (and have in the past) admit that I do not always act mature and sometimes lack wisdom.:o
    Hey Ab, as far as the subject we have beaten to death in this thread you have been right on the money in my opinion.

Just sayin!

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I think MOM would love to see this in referendum. Why would you think, that he thinks the BLUE MD voters that just love him completely, will not side with him? If we loose in referendum he will never to have to be concerned about the 2A again.

MOM has got nothing to loose here other then his SB-281 being reversed. He will be on record as being the big hero that when down fighting as he tried to save lives from the people that like to own guns. Anyone that cares about the US Constitution has everything to loose.

Keep in mind he will have the local news media 100% on his side as they do their 100% free complaining for him as they help him persuade the BLUE voters to NOT vote in our favor.

If he losses he has next year to try to win again. If we loose the strength of the Constitution, it will be lost for a long time and may never come back. But either way, MOM, with the FREE help of the LEFT local media he will end up being a champ that did his best to make MD a safer place. The local media will have their, "The big bad NRA got their way" and defeated our governors Bill of safety.

IMHO, referendum is not a good way to go. You do not want a Constitutional issue in the hands of these BLUE MD voters. Unless you like waving good by to your rights.

Exactly... Putting the 2nd Amendment: A Natural Right, for a referendum vote is just dumb.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Exactly... Putting the 2nd Amendment: A Natural Right, for a referendum vote is just dumb.

I agree mostly. But it wouldn't really change anything since those rights are unalienable. Except for a few narrow instances, the only way someones unalienable rights can be infringed is if they choose to do it to themselves. Something too many around here seem to do.:sad20:

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Seems loony to me, but I'm curious why the FFL you are referring to had so many 'not disapproved'.

And you'll probably make money. Prices are still inflated, and will be through October. Presumably, at some point prices will return to the neighborhood of sanity and, as a PA resident, you can stock up again.

Because I would assume most of there customers are not criminals. But this is the FFL's business and yes, maybe they had one or two people that would buy from him because they somehow found out this FFL was handing out guns before the numbers came back. But one mistake there goes their FFL out the window and the money stops all together. All I'm saying it is a big chance to take with your livelihood.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    This the in the opinion of DC vs Heller. Please take Note!!

The very enumeration of the right takes out of the hands of government—even Third Branch of Government—the power to decide on acase-by-case basis whether the right is really worth insist-ing upon.
    A constitutional guarantee subject to future
    judges’ assessments of its usefulness is no constitutional guarantee at all.

Constitutional rights are enshrined withthe scope they were understood to have when the people
    adopted them,
    whether or not future legislatures or (yes) even future judges think that scope too broad. We would not apply an “interest-balancing” approach to the prohibition of a peaceful neo-Nazi march through Skokie.
    Se

Cite as: 554 U. S. ____ (2008) 63
    Opinion of the Co

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom