• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Us Marylanders can also count our deer bag limits on both hands, both feet and then some :party29:

Exactly! I hate our tag system with a passion. If only I had my own land.....one day!

But remember the difference between sitting in a stand above a feeder, and actual hunting. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Call me Gee
    MDS Supporter
    Exactly! I hate our tag system with a passion. If only I had my own land.....one day!

But remember the difference between sitting in a stand above a feeder, and actual hunting. :)

I know you're not pointing your finger at me but, I run two feeders on my miniscule farm...to keep deer on it. I don't start filling them till mid December. And, also realize, feeders FEED way more animals than are killed. The last deer I took NEAR a feeder was four years ago.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

I'm not familiar with the Colorado tag system. Is there an exception for land owners or was that just a general comment?

Oh BTW, i put 300 pounds of shelled corn in my 2 feeders this evening :)

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    You guys should know better than to take me seriously! You guys and your feeders... I say that but if I lived in MD and had land you bet your ass I would do everything to increase my odds of filling the freezer. Up to and including feeders, claymores, and a ma deuce.

In Colorado you can get landowner tags that extend your season a HUGE amount and they're good for your own property for either sex of the species. I know they have your name and game management unit, but I'm not sure if they are good off your property too. It is also WAY easier to get one. You can sell landowner tags as well. My friend has 30 acres waaaaay up in the mountains at about 8500 feet that is LOADED with everything. He hasn't filled his elk tag yet and is a busy guy. I pester him everyday about letting me have it. :)

ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    Was taken by a friends trail cam this week in Garrett County.

I wish ChrisD would have seen this brute last week.

Attachments

• Dans Mt. Bear.jpg
      Dans Mt. Bear.jpg
      38.5 KB · Views: 209

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads