• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aab23c

Dec 22, 2012
    PG County
    So I was just thinking, does anyone have an md ccw permit? Or know someone who does? If so what justification were they able to use that worked? Be interesting to see what does get through.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Lots of people here can answer yes to both questions.

I know a friend that submitted his "additional justification" last month as a business owner and got his.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Dozens of threads. But very condensed :

If you were politically connected enough , you would already have one , and wouldn't be asking.

If employed as Private Security , Private Investagator , Railroad Police , etc your employer would have already walked you thru the process , and you wouldn't be asking.

If you are former/ retired LE it does get tricky between the respective fine print of Maryland and/ or LEOSA . If this is you , give more details , and we will try to steer you.

Owner or Manager w/ owner permission of a business. : near automatic for transporting recipts/funds to/ from bank. Great debate , and changing landscape post Oct1 regarding "while transporting business currency " . Protecting valuable tools/ equipment/ merchandise. Happens sometimes , but not automatic , seems almost random depending on the interviewing Trooper.

*Aprehended Danger* - basically have to be a murder victim that luckily pulled thru. And this is not long term excuse , only while the origional threat is fresh and current.

Simply to exercise your rights , or to protect self and family ? Not until Md gets forced into it by SCOTUS , fight and screaming the whole way.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    As a retired LEO, MD issued me one the week I retired. I was constantly running into malefactors that I had arrested. Although I am now covered under LEOSA, I was told that I would not be able to renew it if I let it expire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom