• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dweveritt

Apr 15, 2013
    I am separating Active Duty Military stationed in Md and will be staying in the Waldorf area. I am trying to get some info on the fastest way to get a MD hunter safety course so I can get started this Deer Season.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I am separating Active Duty Military stationed in Md and will be staying in the Waldorf area. I am trying to get some info on the fastest way to get a MD hunter safety course so I can get started this Deer Season.

You won't believe this......

There's a class going on this week at the Jaycee's Hall in Waldorf.

This is a class that was put together from the overflow of registrants for the previous class (La Plata Firehouse).

Believe it, or not...... this class filled up (to capacity!) in 45 SECONDS.
    (I used to be on this team, and I'm good friends with them!)

Look online. You MAY be able to take the online course, then make arrangements with a HS Team to take the "practical" and "shooting" part of the test.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD

We're having our last traditional class of the year next week at Stoney Creek. Don't know if it's full. The quickest and easiest way for you to get Hunter's Safety in a timely fashion, is to take the Internet course ASAP. It's $15 to go through the online course and take the 75 question test. If you pass, you can print a voucher for an Internet Field Day. As soon as you are finished, schedule your field day!!! These are filling up fast!. FYI, in addtion to the practical exercises, there is still a 50 question test you must take (even though you've already passed a 75 question exam online). I believe the 2nd test is just to ensure no one was able to pass by cheating on the online test. I think we have 2 remaining practical field days and there are likely other field days closer to you. Be aware, these tend to fill pretty quickly as well, so you want to get moving quickly. Ours often fill 3 or 4 weeks out...especially this time of the year.

Field days for Internet : http://www.dnr.state.md.us/nrp/selfstudy.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom