• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • artjeyes

Apr 5, 2011
    Sorry if this has been answered before, I searched the forum and googled and could not find an answer...

How often is the MD Approved Gun List updated? Is there a regular schedule for updates or is it random? Is there any "normal" time between gun release and addition to THE LIST?

I was visiting a friend in Florida and had a chance to shoot his new CCW 9 MM, from a major gun company. a gun that he bought last December... it has yet to be added to the MD gun list... I want one... a quick scan also shows the Sig P290, Kimber Solo and Ruger LC9 have yet to make the MD list...

What is the process here in the peoples republic...?

Thanks,
    Art

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The board meets 3 or 4 times a year. A gun only gets added to the list if a buyer or a dealer or the maker submits the paperwork and a gun to the handgun board for approval. As noted, the board meets every few months and they review the guns submitted and then they publish a list of handguns that were approved pending comment from the public. Someone could file an objection and then the board would review the objection and decide.

Unlike CA, where there is a big fee and gun makers can only submit a gun for approval, in MD you can submit a gun if you want.

You can call the handgun board and see if any of the guns you mentioned have been submitted.

JavaDan

Beer - Nectar of the Gods
    Feb 25, 2010
    Pasadena
    MikeC is correct. I called the board about 2 weeks ago to find out about the LC9. They had just gotten it from Ruger a day or 2 before I called. She told me it should be on the June 11th roster update.

Their phone number is on the MD State Police web site.

--Dan

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Unlike CA, where there is a big fee and gun makers can only submit a gun for approval, in MD you can submit a gun if you want.

You can call the handgun board and see if any of the guns you mentioned have been submitted.

Has a gun ever been denied? Seems like this law is awesome for keeping us safe and for keeping "saturday night specials" (like the $99 hi point .380 FS on the list of approved firearms) off the streets and out of the hands of criminals.

Well, even so, thankfully we have a shell casing database! We've really taken a bite out of crime with that law.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Mark, I remember one FFL mentioning here that a reproduction of the WW II Liberator pistol was turned down.

Maybe Lou or one of the dealers knows better.

I also do not know if the board has a different attitude now vs when it was first created?

Mark, did you mean MD or CA? CA law now requires a magazine disconnect and a loaded chamber indicator. Everything from new versions of 1911's to Glocks and CZ's don't meet their rules.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Has a gun ever been denied? Seems like this law is awesome for keeping us safe and for keeping "saturday night specials" (like the $99 hi point .380 FS on the list of approved firearms) off the streets and out of the hands of criminals.

Well, even so, thankfully we have a shell casing database! We've really taken a bite out of crime with that law.
    No,no,no it's not "Saturday Night Specials" that cause crime it's Assault weapons, no wait! it's high capacity magazines, no, that's not it, it has to be people with CCW's.

Maybe it is 'Saturday Night Specials",at first I thought that it might be criminals,but that can' be it.

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    Let's get rid of this stupid law too.
    And stop letting our representatives waste our own money on restricting our rights.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton

There was that thread about a Sig getting denied due to jamming issues. :lol2:

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    A Taurus 606 did not make the list. The 605 did make the list. These are both stub nose .357s. The only difference between these two guns is the 606 is ported and the 605 is not.

I guess porting is a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom