• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Big fan of Engage and United, usually cant walk into either without walking out with something. Gunconnection and Duffy's are great but a hike geographically wish they were closer. Decent dealings with Atlantic Guns.

To the point of another thread a lot of the dealers I worked with are now gone.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have all but stopped buying anymore guns , i know that is a sin on a gun forum but i am preparing for retirement and what that looks like . I wanna get things paid down and have enough of the common stuff and different calibers . The only thing i will buy is ammo once the prices level out and maybe accessories .

The only places i won't buy is Bass Pro and GR and both for very different reasons ( i should say guns) .

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm also an Engage and UGS guy atm, but did a lot of very pleasant business with A1 Uniform when I worked closer to them (miss you guys!!!). I've also had pretty good experiences with Atlantic (both shops); they have bailed me out of a tight spot a couple times and have pretty good gunsmithing services.

The truth is, I've really only had one bad experience, and the store in questioned changed ownership so I don't hold it against them anymore and we've made up.

Mr. B

Jul 9, 2019
    MD
    I've had excellent experiences with MD Elite Firearms/BBP, Atlantic Guns Silver Spring & Duffy's.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    I had a less that stellar experience at Scott's gun shop years ago. Brought in a turkish mauser with a sticking bolt; he didn't even want to look at it stating that it wasn't worth the time for an old C&R rifle such as that,
    Probably the guy named Larry. He refused my Star B that had ejection issues. A different shop fixed it as I waited.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    A&D was my go to until they raised prices during the 2013 thing. Bart’s was great and one of the first to release on the 8th day (with help from a phone call from Del. Dwyer)

Now it’s Tyler’s and Clyde’s for me. I know it doesn’t count because it’s not MD but the absolutely best gun shop IMO is Just Pawn It in Capon Bridge, WV

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    My goto guy is Gary the Hog Sniper! Also have had great experiences with Blue Fins, Baltimore Best Pawn, Jlowe, Duffy’s, Atlantic, Cooters, The Gun Shop and The Trading Post.

Catmj

Nov 6, 2015
    Baltimore County
    Definitely Tyler in Halethorpe (Chuck and Eric are great to deal with), Engage Armament in Rockville (Everyone there is great to deal with), and Capstone in Fallston (Scott will do whatever he can to find what you want). Have had good experiences at Atlantic in Rockville, Machine Gun Nest in Frederick, and Top Gun in Fallston. Not a fan of the one off of 83 or the one off of 29.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I like Bollingers in Taneytown, Baltimore's Best Pawn in Finksburg, Brownstone Trading in Westminster, R&R Guns in Brunswick, and liked Lock Stock and Barrel in Taneytown, but I think they closed down. I also like Duffy's despite a rough start with them.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Definitely Tyler in Halethorpe (Chuck and Eric are great to deal with), Engage Armament in Rockville (Everyone there is great to deal with), and Capstone in Fallston (Scott will do whatever he can to find what you want). Have had good experiences at Atlantic in Rockville, Machine Gun Nest in Frederick, and Top Gun in Fallston. Not a fan of the one off of 83 or the one off of 29.

Capstone?

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    My goto guy is Gary the Hog Sniper! Also have had great experiences with Blue Fins, Baltimore Best Pawn, Jlowe, Duffy’s, Atlantic, Cooters, The Gun Shop and The Trading Post.

I've bought a few from Gary: Savage 22 FV-SR, Tavor with 9 mm conversion kit, two lever guns, a Dillon 550, probably some other stuff I can't remember. He was very helpful getting the second lever gun in for me with the wife's ok. Not that she ever says no, just with no disdain that time. Great guy. Miss him as an IP but did not like the time it took for me to get up there.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    A&D was my go to until they raised prices during the 2013 thing. Bart’s was great and one of the first to release on the 8th day (with help from a phone call from Del. Dwyer)

Now it’s Tyler’s and Clyde’s for me. I know it doesn’t count because it’s not MD but the absolutely best gun shop IMO is Just Pawn It in Capon Bridge, WV

Mine as well until they didn't do 8th day release in 2013. Once I finally picked up what I was waiting for 73 days later that was the last time I have darkened their door.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    My only real complaint with Atlantic Guns is they tend to sell above MSRP...but I expect that's the "tax" for having gun stores in Montgomery County and the expense of it.

I've gotten some serious deals from Atlantic. I was getting C&R stuff from them before I ever heard of C&R. Older established shops are a great source for older guns - estates and the like.

Waingro

Apr 4, 2018
    Pasadena P&G at first did not leave a good impression but the owner turned out to be ok ,did me right.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Bought one time from them when they opened. Bought a Sig p229. Looked brand new, sold to me as brand new. When the paperwork came back I noticed there was no fired shell casing info on the form then noticed it was circled as a "used" gun. When i asked the owner I assume, old guy with a vest, was told it was new/unfired out of their personal collection. I accepted it, but very shady in my book.I have no problem buying a used gun at all but be honest about it. Last time I ever stepped foot in there

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    My only real complaint with Atlantic Guns is they tend to sell above MSRP...but I expect that's the "tax" for having gun stores in Montgomery County and the expense of it.

I’ve never paid anything like that there. On a hot, scarce item they’re definitely not going to GymRatz themselves into a no-margin hole, but I’ve never had to pay anything unreasonable at Atlantic. And they have always come through on the follow up issues, if any, in an expeditious and friendly way. Worth every bit of not “beating a competitors price” by less than a pizza’s worth, and me not having to drive all over this state, in this state’s traffic. I always give them first crack, and don’t regret it.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,

I never found that to be the case buying from them but the last new gun I bought from them was in the mid 90's and Carl at the Silver Spring store shaved as much as he could off , They always did me better on used stuff guess because they had more room to work with the used stuff . Solid bunch of guys

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Bought one time from them when they opened. Bought a Sig p229. Looked brand new, sold to me as brand new. When the paperwork came back I noticed there was no fired shell casing info on the form then noticed it was circled as a "used" gun. When i asked the owner I assume, old guy with a vest, was told it was new/unfired out of their personal collection. I accepted it, but very shady in my book.I have no problem buying a used gun at all but be honest about it. Last time I ever stepped foot in there

Arent they also the one's always on the news talking about gun show loop holes and pushing new gun laws? They are the worst.

Waingro

Apr 4, 2018
    Arent they also the one's always on the news talking about gun show loop holes and pushing new gun laws? They are the worst.

That im not sure, haven't seen that. Any source I could see/read about it?
    They definitely turned me off. Like i said I've bought plenty of used guns over the years, still do. But if I own a gun, unfired in the original condition and post it up for sale to someone, it's a used gun. Period. And if im the seller I understand that. But for a gun store to put personal items as new for sale is shady in my book...And I will say that this was when they first opened and he said that they had put alot of their personal stuff in the cases to get some inventory going but it didn't change my opinion. New is new, preowned is used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom