• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NickJ777

Feb 1, 2024
    Maryland
    Hello, I had a question pertaining to MD HGP disqualifications... My friend has a a clean criminal record with the exception of 1 DUI a couple years ago. Does that disqualify him ? I feel like I'm referring to the habitual drunkard question... Also does anyone know of someone that obtained a MD HGP with a DWI or DUI ? Thank you in advance !

WarChief

MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2023
    Pasadena
    Yes me. The question asks if you basically are a drunk. If you are you aren’t supposed to be able to purchase nee firearms. They don’t dig into it to see if you consistently drink. You’re telling that story by answering the questions. And no it doesn’t stop you from getting the HQL or CCW unless you answer yes you’re a drunk.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    Habitual drunkard: A person who has been found guilty of any three crimes under § 21-902(a), (b), or (c) of the Transportation Article, one of which occurred in the past year.

WarChief

MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2023
    Pasadena
    Past year, when was your friends DUI? Should have probably asked that lol. Just assumed it wasn’t that recent.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Hello, I had a question pertaining to MD HGP disqualifications... My friend has a a clean criminal record with the exception of 1 DUI a couple years ago. Does that disqualify him ? I feel like I'm referring to the habitual drunkard question... Also does anyone know of someone that obtained a MD HGP with a DWI or DUI ? Thank you in advance !
    Current law prohibits someone with a recent DUI - as in currently on probation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom