• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Micktaco

May 2, 2009
    Walkersville
    The state of Maryland had begun keeping a register on powder buyers.:tdown:
    Just got done shopping for some powder and primers at BassPro and as of today the State of Maryland has begun taking information on anyone buying any type of powder. Bass Pro recorded my name, address, telephone, and powder bought.:sad20:

The lady at the counter said it was for anti terrorism purposes or something.:rolleyes: I held my tongue. I'm not sure of other vendors of powder are being forced to comply with this new rule or not, but Bass Pro is.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    I have had to do that since I first started buying powder .. and you still have to give your information when you order online.

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    This has been going on for years. Bass Pro must have just started doing it.

I've been getting GOEX black powder for the last few years at Bass Pro. Before that I purchased at a local gun shop that has since gone under.

Both of these businesses needed my driver's license before they could complete the sale. While I never witnessed what was taking place "in the back", I belive my information was being recorded.

It's nothing new.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I'm told that purchasing powder in PA does not bring the same record keeping - this is the primary reason a good buddy who reloads goes to the Harrisburg show. He refuses to purchase powder in MD.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I'm told that purchasing powder in PA does not bring the same record keeping - this is the primary reason a good buddy who reloads goes to the Harrisburg show. He refuses to purchase powder in MD.

Powder in PA is cash and carry. Also no storage limitations...

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville

VA is the same way. I buy most of my powder at the fun shows in Chantilly.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    They used to do this a long time ago. When I had to do it - it was for the local fire marshal (in the area I bought powder)- to register who's bought powder - at least that was what I was told then. They used to keep a log book on the counters where powder was.

I havent had to do that in years though. I buy powder in MD, WV, and PA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom