• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    My experience was more 35mm than DSLR . I did get an older DSLR from a member a while back . My pocket magic device actually has more MP , but I wanted to be able to use real lenses again .

Greatly Oversimplified :

Most Sigma , Tamron are more than suffiently usable , and good bang for the buck .

If $ matters at all , and you're not a professional with expense account/ business expense tax write off , the 3rd party lens probably the way to go .

Belgian Bad A$$

Tired of being ignored, living the single life!
    Feb 18, 2018
    Washington County, MD
    I consider myself an amateur at everything i do because there is always room for improvement and learning new stuff. But i love taking pics.

Id like to have the nikon d850 but well money. And i can think of so many firearms and accessories id love to have.

I have a nikkor 55-300mm, 20mm, 35mm, 40mm micro, 50mm, 75mm, and an 18-105mm which stays on my d7000 most of the time. Been experimenting with lighting which is why our headshots. I dont really like staged shot, prefer candid.

We are expanding our gift shop at work and ill be photoing our new products for our online store. Cant wait for that!

Thanks for the info on sigmas art series. Yeah your copperhead photo is awesome!

Ya know KEH cameras sells used good quality lens. You might find the 13k lens for less. Glad you understood the quote :-)

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Quick iPhone shot of backyard visitors:

Attachments

• A16D382F-B517-47DE-9319-718054089056.jpg
      A16D382F-B517-47DE-9319-718054089056.jpg
      109.5 KB · Views: 168

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    They need to be thinned out. This is what happens when you have to many deer and not enough food. Unhealthy herd. Two weeks ago I was up Garrett Co. in the mountains on the private farmland I hunt on all of the deer I saw were fat and healthy. The way they are supposed to look.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Here are a bunch of box turtles that hatched from two separate nests a couple weeks ago. We have like 6 wild adult turtles and this happens every year. I relocate them in the woods so thy dont get killed by lawn tractors and mowers. They are the size of a quarter.

Attachments

• imbabyturtles.jpg
      imbabyturtles.jpg
      106.8 KB · Views: 199

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Here are a bunch of box turtles that hatched from two separate nests a couple weeks ago. We have like 6 wild adult turtles and this happens every year. I relocate them in the woods so thy dont get killed by lawn tractors and mowers. They are the size of a quarter.

I used to see box turtles when I was living on the Shore. They're utterly absent from the suburban hell of southeastern MoCo.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I used to see box turtles when I was living on the Shore. They're utterly absent from the suburban hell of southeastern MoCo.
    35 years ago I'd see them down there a couple times a year. Haven't seen one in a loooong time

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012

Raccoons will eat them..

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I was in MD when I took this...

Jupiter to the left, the moon, Saturn to the right. The green dot is the reflection of a gnat.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1634257313592.jpg
      FB_IMG_1634257313592.jpg
      29.4 KB · Views: 121

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads