• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcpuskar

Jul 15, 2013
    Forest Hill, MD
    I tried to signup this morning and got an SSL connection failure. So then I tried to buy something from their store and got the same message that "Secure Connection has Failed".
    There seems to be some issue with this website's SSL certificate. I just thought I would bring it to someone's attention and maybe they can forward it to the correct person.

:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    There's always issues with MSI website and or host.

Seems that way

About 3 weeks ago, Register.com began having issues with speed and pages loading. I spoke to them and they assured me it would be fixed.

2 weeks later, it was not fixed. I called and after they apologized for 20 minutes (despite me telling them I don't want apologies) I told them fix it in one week or it's done.

They failed to fix it so I began moving over to 1and1.com

It can take a few days to import domains. I have to reconfigure the marylandshallissue.org domain so it's hosted by 1and1's registar.

Once this is complete, I can install the SSL certificate to ensure security.

jcpuskar

Jul 15, 2013
    Forest Hill, MD
    Seems that way

About 3 weeks ago, Register.com began having issues with speed and pages loading. I spoke to them and they assured me it would be fixed.

2 weeks later, it was not fixed. I called and after they apologized for 20 minutes (despite me telling them I don't want apologies) I told them fix it in one week or it's done.

They failed to fix it so I began moving over to 1and1.com

It can take a few days to import domains. I have to reconfigure the marylandshallissue.org domain so it's hosted by 1and1's registar.

Once this is complete, I can install the SSL certificate to ensure security.

Well for what it may be worth, I can host the site on my servers if you are interested and at a cheaper price than what you are paying. Only issue is that my servers will not be ready for about 3 more months.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Well for what it may be worth, I can host the site on my servers if you are interested and at a cheaper price than what you are paying. Only issue is that my servers will not be ready for about 3 more months.

I def appreciate the offer but for various reasons we have to keep the server hosted on a commercial solution so we have control if something were to happen to the webmaster.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Please provide URL's of the pages you are seeing errors on and screenshots if possible.

I am not seeing any errors navigating the page.

Dan_Br

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    Certificate expired

Please provide URL's of the pages you are seeing errors on and screenshots if possible.

I am not seeing any errors navigating the page.

how do I insert an image? It asks for a URL and the image I captured is on the desktop now. Every time I come to MD shooters I get "there is a problem with this websites security certificate" warning. While on the web site each time I click on something the address bar at the top of page turns red until the page refreshes. As I click on the add image icon here I get "certificate expired" warning

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    how do I insert an image? It asks for a URL and the image I captured is on the desktop now. Every time I come to MD shooters I get "there is a problem with this websites security certificate" warning. While on the web site each time I click on something the address bar at the top of page turns red until the page refreshes. As I click on the add image icon here I get "certificate expired" warning

First thing is to do "Ctrl and Print Screen" keys on keyboard.
    Open paint program and "Ctrl V into paint and save as "mdshootersissue"
    or whatever name you desire.

Click on the "attachment" button as on the icon that looks like a paper clip.
    browe to where the location of your file is that you created in paint.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Sounds like you are having an issue with this website, not the MSI website.

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    here you go ....work machine and browser so I cant really troubleshoot

Attachments

• msi.JPG
      msi.JPG
      45.4 KB · Views: 98

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics