• Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Answers to a few questions I've missed in the thread:

1. Can a number such as 01, 02, 03, etc, corresponding to the number of guns in this limited group buy be engraved after the MDShooters Logo?

For now, I'm going to say "no" as this would likely add significantly to the price. I like the idea and will check into it more, but I think with us doing less than 50 guns everyone will know you have something pretty unique.

2. Engraving referencing "100th Anniversary" or 1911-2011?

I like this idea too, but let me run it past the boss and once I get my current RIA to Jim as the sacrificial lamb on this we'll see how things fit. Since it's an mdshooters gun, it might not make sense to reference the great JMB's accomplishment without some clarification.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Answers to a few questions I've missed in the thread:

1. Can a number such as 01, 02, 03, etc, corresponding to the number of guns in this limited group buy be engraved after the MDShooters Logo?

For now, I'm going to say "no" as this would likely add significantly to the price. I like the idea and will check into it more, but I think with us doing less than 50 guns everyone will know you have something pretty unique.

2. Engraving referencing "100th Anniversary" or 1911-2011?

I like this idea too, but let me run it past the boss and once I get my current RIA to Jim as the sacrificial lamb on this we'll see how things fit. Since it's an mdshooters gun, it might not make sense to reference the great JMB's accomplishment without some clarification.

Honestly, I think simpler is going to look better...just the shield and maybe "MD Shooters". I don't think it's going to look as nice if it gets too cluttered with multiple engravings referencing series number, centennial, ect. Just my opinion in case you really wanted it, but were afraid to ask :D

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Will these be engraved by an outside source? I already have one who can engrave it?

Apparently we're using Harford Engraving, an Industry Partner, hardly an outside source.

If you'd like to have it engraved elsewhere, no prob Bob. After it is done at H.E. you can take it elsewhere and have it engraved with whatever you choose:thumbsup:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Honestly, I think simpler is going to look better...just the shield and maybe "MD Shooters". I don't think it's going to look as nice if it gets too cluttered with multiple engravings referencing series number, centennial, ect. Just my opinion in case you really wanted it, but were afraid to ask :D

We didn't want your opinion and we were not afraid to ask, we just didn't want your opinion, so why bother and how dare you put it out there.

All kidding aside my friend, I agree with you completely; MDShooters on right side and Shield on left. The number of guns such as 01, 02, 03, etc. would be cool, example "MDShooters 23", but would probably add significantly to the price of engraving.

Bear in mind, we are doing the 1911 type gun in this buy for the 100th year of that model as only a secondary objective. The primary objective is the MDShooters logo'd gun.

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    gotta see if some stuff sells on craigslist in the next couple days before I can commit, This came togather a little faster than I expected. Ill know by sunday night and if I have it, im in.

Any one interested in some big wheels and tires for a 1990's style full size Blazer??? or some second gen. camaro wheels and tires???? I also have a set of polished American racing wheels and tires for a 4th gen camaro. :D PLease:innocent0

PresentArms

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2008
    Middle River
    Originally Posted by PresentArms
    Will these be engraved by an outside source? I already have one who can engrave it?

Apparently we're using Harford Engraving, an Industry Partner, hardly an outside source.

If you'd like to have it engraved elsewhere, no prob Bob. After it is done at H.E. you can take it elsewhere and have it engraved with whatever you choose:thumbsup:

Sorry I wasn’t clear

I simply wanted to know if the manufacture was doing the engraving or someone else, No one wanted to take nothing from an industry partner.

Thanks

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I cant rember was the engraving going to be filled or black (no not asking for seafoam, just asking)

mprubin

Jan 15, 2009
    Count me in as Confirmed. I assume could stop by shop to drop off deposit and do paperwork at same time. Always enjoy the drive out to Mt Airy. Will feel strange not having to add to my C&R book. Thanks for the efforts on the group buy.

Regards
    Mark Rubin

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Saturday morning 03/12 at 9:20 bump. Are we going to break the 50 gun mark before or by Sunday evening 03/13??? Currently at 45 now. I know the poll indicates 46 but mrfreeze doesn't want one, apparently due to the lack of a special number range from factory, so his mommy still changes his pampers too. (by the way, I'm a big boy now, my mommy let's me wear "pull ups":D). There's enough of us out there to break the 50 mark:thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom