• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Ultimate Member
    I was thinking at the various shoots we hold; the Fall Shoot, Frostbite and maybe in the Spring that we give some type of award for The Best Gun in Maryland.

It would work something like this, we'd have several categories
    - AR-15 Target config
    - AR-15 carbine
    - Ak variant
    - Precision rifle
    - Rimfire
    - WWII rifle
    - Service Pistol
    or maybe just the categories from the pictures.

I know some people do not want to be photographed or have anything of theirs photographed which is fine. But those of us who want to enter can just be on a ballot and at lunch break the guns to be submited would be locked with a cable lock (so there is not chance in hell there is an accidental discharge) and voted on.

Then the winner can claim that they have the best ? (AR, AK, 1911, etc) in Maryland. The prize would just be pride or something. If you put $4,200 into a gun then it may make the financial hurt more bearable. Maybe you spend hours doing other work too.

We could set up a few tables, put the guns in those categories on the respective table and a piece of paper next to each gun. People who want to see them and vote can write their mdshooters.com handle for the gun they think is the best and someone would just tally the names up for a table.

We should also take a group photograph in front of the rifle range and put it somewhere. It would be nice to have a couple hundred people in that. That would show that we have some numbers and are growing in Maryland.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    great idea

I have never been to a MDS shoot, and I am sure I don't have any gun that would win in any of these categories, but this idea sure is a winner. If I were there, I would vote for sure.
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Nice idea.

I might suggest that we tweak it a little to make it more open to people who haven't spent truckloads of money on a gun:

Most Ghetto Looking Pistol

Most Bubba'd C&R Rifle

Biggest Jam-O-Matic

Etc......you see where I'm going with this....

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Nice idea.

I might suggest that we tweak it a little to make it more open to people who haven't spent truckloads of money on a gun:

Most Ghetto Looking Pistol

Most Bubba'd C&R Rifle

Biggest Jam-O-Matic

Etc......you see where I'm going with this....

No fair, the 1911 guys will win by a land slide. The Taurus guys won't have a chance! ;)

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    Haha! This is great. I'd be up for this. I'd love to see some of the work others are putting into their rifles. I know RussD spends hours pouring over his rigs. Looking forward to seeing some really nicely built AR's, precision rifles, etc.

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    Haha! This is great. I'd be up for this. I'd love to see some of the work others are putting into their rifles. I know RussD spends hours pouring over his rigs. Looking forward to seeing some really nicely built AR's, precision rifles, etc.

He has some damn fine rifles, that's for sure. If he enters a rifle I am going to go ahead and take mine out of the competition. I'll save everyone the time.

Ultimate Member

I've seen RussD's stuff at Hap Baker, he may get like second place at Hap Baker, but best in Maryland?

I think I'll make some rules about submissions so my guns don't own everyone else's.

Now these sick Glock people have come out of the woodwork. "Ah Ah lock at my all black glock 23c, 17, 21, 27, 30, 26, 19, etc" what the hell is the difference? Maybe if you had a Glock 18 in 10mm and we could watch you shoot 33rnds or what ever a hi-cap 10mm mag holds on auto.

We probably will have so many guns entered that we'll just clear some grass. It seems like the shit talking has already started and we don't even have a date for the fall shoot.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I've seen RussD's stuff at Hap Baker, he may get like second place at Hap Baker, but best in Maryland?

I think I'll make some rules about submissions so my guns don't own everyone else's.

Now these sick Glock people have come out of the woodwork. "Ah Ah lock at my all black glock 23c, 17, 21, 27, 30, 26, 19, etc" what the hell is the difference? Maybe if you had a Glock 18 in 10mm and we could watch you shoot 33rnds or what ever a hi-cap 10mm mag holds on auto.

We probably will have so many guns entered that we'll just clear some grass. It seems like the shit talking has already started and we don't even have a date for the fall shoot.

You dog, you see me at Hap and don't introduce yourself? Seriously though there are guys on this board with the resources to blow me out of the water. I just try to make the most out of what I have. In the end that's what it's all about. I can promise you however that all my guns can shoot.

FYI. I caouldn't come close to second at Hap. Some of the regulars have rifles that make me drool. BTW I doubt you've seen all my toys.

Last edited:

Ultimate Member
    You dog, you see me at Hap and don't introduce yourself? Seriously though there are guys on this board with the resources to blow me out of the water. I just try to make the most out of what I have. In the end that's what it's all about. I can promise you however that all my guns can shoot.

FYI. I caouldn't come close to second at Hap. Some of the regulars have rifles that make me drool.

I wonder how much people put in their guns. I think there are some creative things you could do which I respect, but if you can put $8,000 in an AR it should be nice.

Remember we are not actually shooting these guns, we are just judging on looks. So you never know, if you have a gun that catches they eye then you may blow all the others out. Spray paint on of your Mosins some absurd color and engrave some poem down the side? Or find a person that can print laminated stuff on guns and put some digital picture on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom