Md Solicitation For Bids S&W with Night Sights Department of Public Safety and Corre

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Surprised they didn't piggyback off the MSP, Trannies or Md Gen Services.

The state police should set the "standard" for handguns used by state agencies. UNLESS agency X can prove a compelling reason why the gun issued by MSP is not suitable for their use, all agencies use the gun issued by MSP.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Most correction officers I see on the qualifying range all still have revolvers. I've seen the K-9 officers carrying mag fed handguns. Guess its time for the rest to join the modern era.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    What do the state police carry?

Beretta PX4 Storm .40 S&W pistols. Gives the user ability to change mag release and slide release for a lefty. Interchangeable grip panels. MSP already buys spares and parts for the platform.

just imagine one mag to buy, a common duty holster, etc... Naa, too much common sense.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    PX4 Storm isn't without its issues. Two dealer/manufacturers I know as well as several state officers have reported seriously difficulty removing magazines from their weapons (they sure weren't drop-free when I tested one that an officer had). Particularly in cold weather. None of the gents in brown I've met like the triggers either----I have to agree on that point. I don't blame the Corrections officers for wanting a better gun.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Beretta PX4 Storm .40 S&W pistols. Gives the user ability to change mag release and slide release for a lefty. Interchangeable grip panels. MSP already buys spares and parts for the platform.

just imagine one mag to buy, a common duty holster, etc... Naa, too much common sense.

The M&P offers all of those features as well. And it's not like the M&P doesn't have a huge aftermarket, much moreso than the PX4.

I don't see the problem. I also highly doubt the agencies would really be helping each other out. I can only imagine the number of forms they'd have to fill out to put a spare State Police striker into a Public Safety gun.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Maybe the M&P has a mag disconnect option and the Beretta doesn't?
    If this is the case it makes sense to me.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I shot a PX4 rental. Almost bought one. I thought it shot well and it really shines in .40 very smooth gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom