• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    I am for CVT at that price. only weekends in the spring would be bad for me are april 2-3 and may 7-8. I don't think the wife will like me going to a class on mothers day weekend. easter is early this year so we don't have to worry about that.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I will check with Ed, with Dan it is around 150 - 200 rounds. Recommend you show up with 200 rounds.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Howdy guys, I wanted to clarify a couple things:

1) Dan is asking a fair price for his services and under normal circumstances, the costs here would be similar. I am doing this particular event for my cost, due to a long history with MDS and many of the members here, and based on a headcount of 8. If less turn out, the cost will have to go up some - Pinecone has the math for when you guys finalize your roster.

2) Round count will probably be 150 or so. When we do one on one classes, round counts increase and we can exceed 200. This proposed class is larger than we would normally set up and so each shooter will have a little less actual trigger time.

3) There are no prerequisites, just a rifle/ammo/scope combo that is at least theoretically capable of consistent precision of 1 moa or better, and capable of shooting to 1k or further.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    In for either but prefer CVT. However, I have limited experience shooting at distance. What are the prerequisites, if any?
    Probably nothing more than a positive attitude, willingness to learn and behave safely. I know Ed has a couple loaners and it appears that Dan does as well

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    OK, here is the pricing at this time:

Dan Newberry at BangSteel - $340 per person for 2 days. Minimum 4 students

Ed Shell at CVT - A HECK of a deal at $200 per person for 2 days, minimum 6 students. If less the price will go up slightly.
    Wow, I'm interested!

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I'm supposed to hit CVT in the spring with Yoshi but am down for this as well. I've met Ed before and would like to shoot with him.

SgtKope

Nov 7, 2009
    Crofton, MD
    Gents,

I consider Ed a good friend and mentor. I have shot with him on several occasions and I probably enjoy the conversation as much as the shooting. If you are even slightly considering this you should sign up. You will not meet a nicer guy on this planet than Ed.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Still in, though I really have nothing to shoot log distances at the moment

I have an FNAR heavy that is an MOA (or better) shooter (out to 200 yards at least), but I don't think 1k is in the cards for a .308 out of a 16" barrel.

I've been planning on picking up a decent bolt gun anyway, so here's my excuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ampm24-7

Jan 31, 2015
    Columbia, MD
    I'm still interested. Got a Ruger Pecision Rifle in 6.5 cm ready to go. Been checking on this project's status. liking Ed's program. Room for another?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    As was mentioned, May 8 is OUT. Unless your wife is a shooter and comes along. :)

So either April 30/May 1 or May 14/15.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I'm out for those 2 dates. If you have an odd # and need 1 I might be able to swing the end of may but I'm helping coach a kids pistol team and it the last sun each month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom