• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I have not yet contacted Ed about a round this coming year.

But I will. :)

I figure we will do some of the intro course we did this year, and some of the next step up in his courses. So people will have a choice of taking/retaking the intro course (which there is nothing wrong with doing it again), and doing an intermediate level course.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I recommend you contact Ed directly. I believe he stopped offering the heavily discounted classes.
    Yeah, but he was open to do it again (just not at that price point) the discussion is about the class/training. We are not price dependent...

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    He did provide a special rate to the MDS group classes. Because we filled up a lot of classes. :)

Up to him whether to do it again.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    He did provide a special rate to the MDS group classes. Because we filled up a lot of classes. :)

Up to him whether to do it again.
    Yup got that part, I spoke to him about this (during our class) and he said he would be willing to do it again. He explained that the (super low) rate was just for us, and it was meant to stir interest (which it did). Hoping we can do it again that's all.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Im hopefull as well. I got offered a spot as an alternate and it was terrible timing as I had just put out a ton of money the day before the offer.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Im hopin to move up to washington county... alot closer and I'd love to take this class, leave and moeny permitting of course

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    I would definitely be interested. What rigs are most people using?
    The great majority use bolt action rifles. Many use a modified Remington 700 or a "tactical" version from the factory.

A new rifle on the market is the Ruger Precision Rifle. I am told they did extremely well; especially the 6.5 Creedmoor version, with factory Hornady ammunition. That would be worth looking into if a rifle with a chasis-type rifle interests you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    There were a couple of 6.5 Ruger Precisions in the class I took (also available in 308 and one other). Most in my class had a chassis rifle. I'm hoping to take another class in the next several months.

Ruggedtouch

Feb 8, 2015
    I have not yet contacted Ed about a round this coming year.

But I will. :)

I figure we will do some of the intro course we did this year, and some of the next step up in his courses. So people will have a choice of taking/retaking the intro course (which there is nothing wrong with doing it again), and doing an intermediate level course.

I would definitely like to come back for an intermediate level course.

TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    I'm running a RPR in 6.5 with a mil/mil SWFA 10x scope. I've shot out to 1060 and figured training is always a good idea. My plan is to start shooting regularly at the long range challenges in 2017 at Peace maker.

montigre

May 16, 2016
    I just finished setting up my RPR and would be very interested in a class in spring 2017. When might we know for sure if this is going to be an option so plans can be made early?

MG in MD

Feb 11, 2016
    Linthicum
    I had an inexpensive Savage 12 FS, a Cabela's version as far as I can tell - .308, 28" heavy barrel, shoots great. My glass was cheap and had problems, but I hit most of the targets including the furthest - 1245 I think. So all I'm saying is you don't need expensive equipment - the training is invaluable.

I'm very interested in going back for another class, or classes.

I'm also interested in checking out peacemaker. Anyone interested in going together as a group?

TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    MG in MD - If you want to join peace maker let me know. If you join when i renew before December 31 its only 100$ (as opposed to 200). Also they are capping membership December 31 so if you want to join after that you will have to wait until someone leaves.

kniwolf

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    Apr 5, 2012
    I'm running a RPR in 6.5 with a mil/mil SWFA 10x scope. I've shot out to 1060 and figured training is always a good idea. My plan is to start shooting regularly at the long range challenges in 2017 at Peace maker.
    What ammo are you using in your RPR? I just purchased one, and I am definitely interested in doing some long range competitions with it as well. Also, how often does Peacemaker run their challenges?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    UPDATE

I am "talking" with Ed about courses for 2017.

I will let you know when something is agreed to.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    What ammo are you using in your RPR? I just purchased one, and I am definitely interested in doing some long range competitions with it as well. Also, how often does Peacemaker run their challenges?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

140gr HORNADY ELD works awesome

shooterhyde

Sep 9, 2013
    going to keep on eye on this thread, I've been wanting to take a class like this and missed out of the last go around

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom