• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Just a word of advice, the smaller you can keep the groups the better. Ed is a HUGE wealth of knowledge and getting a better "student to instructor" ratio will certainly be beneficial. The key is getting the same skill levels in the groups so each person can work on the same set of improvements.

If I could afford a few days of 1:1 instruction with Ed, I think that would be best bang for the buck out there.

Anyone on the fence about this, should certainly book something with Ed. You'd be better off taking a bone stock gun that shoots 1" @ 100 yards with factory ammo than saving for a $7k GAP build and then taking the class.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Ok for the beginner class we potentially have ToolAA, dbledoc, OrbitalEllipses (maybe +1), and myself. That gives us enough to get the ball rolling. I will send you some PM's so we can start talking about potential dates. We may have room for one or two more people. So let me know if there are any others and I will include you in the PM discussions.

svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    Is there a ballpark cost per group? Obviously not as discounted as last year, but if it's even remotely in the ballpark I'd be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Is there a ballpark cost per group? Obviously not as discounted as last year, but if it's even remotely in the ballpark I'd be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im curious as well. I wanted to get in last year and the one time a spot opened up I had just laid out a ton of money and only had a week to get the money together so I couldnt go.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    I'm interested in the beginner class.

I'm game for one or both . Right handed this year.

sundaeman, I received your PM and will send you the information.

Shootin the breeze, we may not have a spot for you depending on the status of a plus one. I will send you the information we have so far in case someone backs out.

It looks like the first beginner class is full. If there is more interest, someone else can coordinate the next beginner group.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    sundaeman, I received your PM and will send you the information.

Shootin the breeze, we may not have a spot for you depending on the status of a plus one. I will send you the information we have so far in case someone backs out.

It looks like the first beginner class is full. If there is more interest, someone else can coordinate the next beginner group.
    If someone drops out or if you have an idea of the price for a beginner class please let me know. Very interested depending upon when the class is.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    If someone drops out or if you have an idea of the price for a beginner class please let me know. Very interested depending upon when the class is.

I'm currently working on determining the dates with the first group. Based on schedules we may need to form a second group. I will be happy to work on coordinating that group as well. So I will add you to the second group communication once we finalize the first one.

The price is a little higher than last year, but not by much. From what I have heard the cost is a bargain at the normal rates.

DigDug

Oct 21, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Followed along when last years classes were forming but circumstances weren't ideal due to a new baby. This year is looking better.

I'm interested in a beginners class. Please PM price if possible and potential dates and availability when they become available for consideration. Thanks.

sureshot

Apr 15, 2014
    MacMoov, Thanks for taking the lead.

i attended last year and am ready to go the next level. throw out a few dates. are there limits on months. april, may or june ??

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    MacMoov, Thanks for taking the lead.

i attended last year and am ready to go the next level. throw out a few dates. are there limits on months. april, may or june ??

I believe Yoshi is currently taking names for an intermediate/advanced class.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    I've following this thread for a couple of months. I should have put my name in the hat.

I'm hoping that we can organize a second beginner class. If so, I'm in.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    ....are there limits on months. april, may or june ??
    I'll run this special event pricing until late summer. Scheduling is first come, first serve.

For those looking for a group to get into, I'm not tracking groups or organizing rosters this time. I am only handing scheduling and deposits with one person per group.

I'd suggest simply contacting the person above you who is also looking for a group compatible with your skill level and it will fall together.

For example, NatBoh, DigDoug & Stu929 could have their own group of four with just one more basic level student.

Thanks guys!

Ed

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    snip...
    For example, NatBoh, DigDoug & Stu929 could have their own group of four with just one more basic level student.

There is also Shootin the Breeze that is the backup person from the group I'm coordinating. So you should now have four people for another basic class. It would be great if one of the 4 of you can take over the coordination for that group. I can help if needed.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    I'll run this special event pricing until late summer. Scheduling is first come, first serve.

For those looking for a group to get into, I'm not tracking groups or organizing rosters this time. I am only handing scheduling and deposits with one person per group.

I'd suggest simply contacting the person above you who is also looking for a group compatible with your skill level and it will fall together.

Thanks guys!

Ed

What price point are we at? Or does it depend on dates? I have a few interested guys who aren't online that would come down with me.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    What price point are we at? Or does it depend on dates? I have a few interested guys who aren't online that would come down with me.

I need to know this too, not so much the price but I would like to be in a beginners class scheduled between April and the early part of May (weekends). If that doesn't work I can do Late May to July (weekends). Anyone that fits into that time frame just let me know maybe we can swing something!

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I need to know this too, not so much the price but I would like to be in a beginners class scheduled between April and the early part of May (weekends). If that doesn't work I can do Late May to July (weekends). Anyone that fits into that time frame just let me know maybe we can swing something!

Myself and my plus one are moving out of MacMoov's class, so he should have spots available for the beginner class he's coordinating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom