• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It’s been quite a while since I perused an entire MDS thread, and have to say I don’t find near train wrecks all that entertaining.

If you are an MSI member or want to be one now that the fight for your rights is heating up, then please feel free to join us for lunch and fellowship at MB on Saturday. If, what or how you choose to legally and safely carry a firearm arm is your indiviudal choice.

The pre MSI meeting lunch at MB is nothing more than an opportunity for acquaintances, old friends and perhaps new friends to break bread post-Bruen and exercise a rediscovered fundamental right we have worked hard to recover. It is not, and has never been, a general call to arms, a public demonstration or a commercial advertising op.

Please feel free to join us legally and responsibly as described, but don’t try to hijack this “event“ LOL and turn it into a complete circus. That was never the intent. We want to enjoy a shared meal at an establishment we have always supported.

Hope to see you there and at the MSI meeting. Remember, the fight isn’t over it is just heating up.
    Welcome back, it's been a minute.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    ok, i will. nubie user here. Do you have too be a elks club member for The meeting at elks club later?
    No need to be an Elks club member since this isn't an Elks club meeting, it's the MSI annual meeting, being held at the Elks club.

Show up for lunch, go to the annual meting, become a member of MSI.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Art pointed me to this and well, since I'll be there, and I need to eat lunch anyways, I'll see you guys there! I've got to get over to the Elks lodge well before the meeting, but happy to see you guys for at least a bit ahead of the meeting!

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Art pointed me to this and well, since I'll be there, and I need to eat lunch anyways, I'll see you guys there! I've got to get over to the Elks lodge well before the meeting, but happy to see you guys for at least a bit ahead of the meeting!

We will be happy to see you as well!

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Weather is supposed to be spot on for Saturday so I will be coming via two wheeled conveyance. If AACo popo get a call about a guy sporting a visible blaster on 97 heads up it's just me heading to Naptown to wipe a little Texas Twang (not a euphemism) off my chin.

Valkyrie Firearms Training

Fair and Experienced Firearms Training Parkville
    Industry Partner
    Feb 10, 2021
    Parkville, MD
    One. More. Time.

This is NOT an event.
    This is NOT a political rally.
    This is NOT a political protest.

And I damn sure wouldn't post a picture of some sadsack trying to keep his weapon secure with that cheap azz Wal Mart belt.

What this IS is a group of friends getting together as they traditionally have for lunch before the MSI meeting and the only business we will be promoting is Mission BBQ.

Did I mention this is NOT an event?

Alright Stoveman, no need to get upset about our visuals, lol, there are a limited amount of free use open carry photos online.

From your original post and response, it seemed like an event to normalize open carry and build community was being organized. We support this, so, we were going to help share the info.

Clearly that's not your intention. So, we won't post it or share about it.

Last edited:

Industry Partner
    Feb 10, 2021
    Parkville, MD
    Not on FB and not by a training company proposing a flyer

It’s an invite to lunch. and if you so choose, to OC. Nothing more

The flyer was from an outside training company and promoted Open Carry

It’s about lunch, not OC

See the difference?

Geez

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hey Swinokur, That's why, after Stoveman gave the OK to post on Facebook, we ran a possible flyer by him before posting, to see if it aligned with what the group was intending. That we're a training company was a fact known all along, that's why, in the initial post, we suggested we would be able to reach our students who have an interest in this type of thing. We understand if it's not meant to highlight the open carry angle, but it wasn't made clear in the initial discussion.

Industry Partner
    Feb 10, 2021
    Parkville, MD
    NO, absolutely NOT.
    This is not, nor has it ever been an "event".

It is a lunch, of MSI members, or people that want to become MSI members, before the Annual MSI meeting.

For those new folks that have no clue MSI = Maryland Shall Issue.
    If you want to do a public open carry event, pick your own date and your own time, do not subvert a local lunch to do so.
    Hi Dblas, We're not trying to subvert an event. If you follow the thread, we asked about sharing the event with students on FB and were given the 'OK' by the organizer with the qualification that it was not an 'event'. Told them that we would share a post once we created it for approval. Created the post and shared it for approval. There's a misunderstanding about the nature of the event, so it's not getting posted.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Hi Dblas, We're not trying to subvert an event. If you follow the thread, we asked about sharing the event with students on FB and were given the 'OK' by the organizer with the qualification that it was not an 'event'. Told them that we would share a post once we created it for approval. Created the post and shared it for approval. There's a misunderstanding about the nature of the event, so it's not getting posted.
    You should make your own event tho.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    You should make your own event tho.
    fblike1.jpg

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Its been a long time since I've attended an MSI meeting. Will try and make this one

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Little of topic, maybe not, but I have not yet seen someone open carry yet. I have open carried on a couple of occasions, but that’s about it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Hey Swinokur, That's why, after Stoveman gave the OK to post on Facebook, we ran a possible flyer by him before posting, to see if it aligned with what the group was intending. That we're a training company was a fact known all along, that's why, in the initial post, we suggested we would be able to reach our students who have an interest in this type of thing. We understand if it's not meant to highlight the open carry angle, but it wasn't made clear in the initial discussion.

Thankyou for understanding our concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom