• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    From Anne Arundel First Alert Facebook page last night,
    "#mdtraffic | Police Activity | Meade Villiage Circle | Reported 60 people outside throwing bottles at Police | PD Air has been requested to assist | One person has been tased by police"

This is in Severn, which is too close for comfort for me.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    This was not a protest. We must call things what they are. Anne Arundel PD does not have a reputation of wide spread corruption or mistreatment of minorities. This was a pocket of ghetto people doing ghetto things in Meade village.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Hah, I used to work foot patrol in there. I'm surprised they could find 60 folks to protest. Must be some people traveling in. Seriously.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Hah, I used to work foot patrol in there. I'm surprised they could find 60 folks to protest. Must be some people traveling in. Seriously.

Or walking over from Pioneer City, The Orchards at Severn.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 11.19.08 AM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 11.19.08 AM.jpg
      98.8 KB · Views: 643

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Is Meade Village the government housing on the north side of 175 or is it the next community past that? Been a while....

Connects north off of 174, Reece Road, before you get to 175. Right before you get to Van Bokkelen Elementary (if you are heading west).

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    Connects north off of 174, Reece Road, before you get to 175. Right before you get to Van Bokkelen Elementary (if you are heading west).

You may be thinking of Pioneer City or Still Meadows. The names may have changed now. I went to High School with these kids and thst was the neighborhood names in late 1990s. I believe at least some of these neighborhoods are Section 8 ( do we still call it that?)

psusra112

Jun 8, 2011
    lol
    These people should try that crap at the gate to the Agency. Watch the Agency Police destroy them in a heartbeat.

They would very quickly cease their calls for a federal police force. Those guys don't fsck around. Everyone in handcuffs, warrant checks. Hell, it'd probably clear open warrants in record numbers. ;)

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    You may be thinking of Pioneer City or Still Meadows. The names may have changed now. I went to High School with these kids and thst was the neighborhood names in late 1990s. I believe at least some of these neighborhoods are Section 8 ( do we still call it that?)

If you're westbound on Reece, Meade Village runs off of it on your right on the north side. Go a little further down and the main entry to Pioneer City is on your left on the southbound side across from the elementary school. As far as I know it's mostly all still county-managed Section 8 though there are some privately owned houses in there on the Pioneer City side.

Of the three Section 8 communities in the county, Freetown, Pioneer City, and Meade Village; MV was I think always considered the roughest. Probably not as bad as the Annapolis City projects but it still had plenty of problems. Part of our daily foot patrols were always the wooded areas checking for bodies.

We used to keep a housing unit in both communities stocked with school supplies, basic foods like burgers and franks and books and games so the kids would have a safe place to go if they needed it when school was out. Also so the kids who were hungry because their parents didn't care could at least get something to eat. It cost the county very little (houses were unoccupied anyway and many of the funds were donated).

I don't know what the scientific results of those programs were. But let me tell you I think we avoided a lot of trouble with many of those kids when they got older because of all that interaction they had with police when young. It's harder to brainwash a kid that police are the boogeymen when the kid has already met plenty of them firsthand. The Owens Administration eventually killed the police youth programs and the Explorer programs on purpose when she had one of her fits about not getting her way on tax increases and they wanted to "make a point."

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    They would very quickly cease their calls for a federal police force. Those guys don't fsck around. Everyone in handcuffs, warrant checks. Hell, it'd probably clear open warrants in record numbers. ;)

It would do much more than that. They would actually find out that non-Agency police departments are some of the nicest departments out there, if they survived a fractured skull.The icing on the cake is that the MP's would do a lot of the dirty work, since that campus is still technically on base...

How could they bitch about the militarization of the police, when the police are a wing of the military?

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    The Owens Administration eventually killed the police youth programs and the Explorer programs on purpose when she had one of her fits about not getting her way on tax increases and they wanted to "make a point."

Maybe it's time to push for these programs to be reinstated.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Ah....Meade Village....was a medic at Odenton VFD in the late 80's.

Fun times....dude comes up to the passenger side of the ambo. "I've been stabbed" not seeing any blood......Where? "In the chest" with what? "A pitch fork" he opens his shirt and there they are, four little round holes evenly spaced across his chest about an inch below the nipple line......oh S#!t!!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom