• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Fri we heard Speaker Busch anounce the House would reconviene Mon @ 3:00 .

Is this still the plan ? Anything happening earlier?

My personal attendence is pretty much already controlled by other parameters , but I want to check before contacting my guest.

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    On Friday I briefly spoke with someone on Delegate Ready's staff. He suggested that the gun legislation probably wouldn't be touched until Tuesday due to the later start. He of course didn't know for sure, so take this only as a data point in helping you making a decision of making it in or not.

Phoebe

Dec 29, 2009
    According to the House Agenda SB 281 is on the agenda for tomorrow. (btw here's that link: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmSchedules.aspx?pid=schedpage&id=current-house-agenda&stab=04&tab=subject2

I anticipate but NO WAY OF KNOWING, that this will get laid over until Tuesday at the earliest. What that means is the bill will get put off until Tuesday or Wednesday.

They could also start debate on the floor and then lay it over until Tuesday or whenever they think they have the votes.

It's still very important for us to try to fill the gallery until the bill is done. The message its sends is a strong one!

Mr H

Banana'd
    On Friday I briefly spoke with someone on Delegate Ready's staff. He suggested that the gun legislation probably wouldn't be touched until Tuesday due to the later start. He of course didn't know for sure, so take this only as a data point in helping you making a decision of making it in or not.

Tuesday is the information I received from Vallario's aide.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I will be going to Annapolis for 22nd Annaversery dinner regardless. I my as well fly my 2014 , and knock doors.

My potential guest would be able to come only on Mon , and I'd like to walk him to his Delegate , and a cpl others.

So this was a monday specific inquiry.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    According to the House Agenda SB 281 is on the agenda for tomorrow. (btw here's that link: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmSchedules.aspx?pid=schedpage&id=current-house-agenda&stab=04&tab=subject2

I anticipate but NO WAY OF KNOWING, that this will get laid over until Tuesday at the earliest. What that means is the bill will get put off until Tuesday or Wednesday.

They could also start debate on the floor and then lay it over until Tuesday or whenever they think they have the votes.

It's still very important for us to try to fill the gallery until the bill is done. The message its sends is a strong one!

Thanks Phoebe....Session still starts at 3:00 PM??

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I will be the one roaming the halls with my son, knocking on doors, and showing him what faces of tyranny look like.

Going to also show him what Patriots look like, so please introduce yourself if you see us. We look the same, I just look more distinguished and better fed than him.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    I heard today that Galen Clagget from Frederick is probably going to vote for this. I'm home with the kids this week so I'm going to make some calls and call some donors tomorrow.

If the vote is going to be Tuesday I'm going to try and come back down with my son and daughter. My daughter is nine been shooting since 4 was shot on the NRA YHEC and has her hunter saftey since seven. I think its important to be there.

glk21c

Mar 22, 2009
    There are no holidays during the Maryland General Assembly Session (90 days) so no. Dang it! ;-)
    but they can't work late due to passover, but let's make sure we really screw with people's liberties on Good Friday......good grief
    :sad20:

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I heard today that Galen Clagget from Frederick is probably going to vote for this. I'm home with the kids this week so I'm going to make some calls and call some donors tomorrow.
    If the vote is going to be Tuesday I'm going to try and come back down with my son and daughter. My daughter is nine been shooting since 4 was shot on the NRA YHEC and has her hunter saftey since seven. I think its important to be there.

Trailman, I'll be there with my two boys. We should meet up. Give the kids some company while we make the rounds.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Just when I am trying to get caught up from last week, I find out I have to go back to Annapolis. Oh well, maybe I can catch up on the rest of my life after 9 April. Until then I'll be there every day if necessary. One of the, I can't call it benefits, more like effects of being unemployed.

See everyone there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom