• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    2nd review happens to every 77e. Usually on the last, or 2nd to last day before its approved Not Dissaproved. This was a previously unknown part of the process, and caused a lot of :tinfoil: ... but with the internet version, and people clicking refresh every day, now we know. Evidently, a sworn officer reviews the form before they push out the Not Disproved, at 6am.

Every 77e I have done this year has been through the 2nd review, including a stripped lower.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    The Secondary Review means a human needs to look at your application. Could be a hundred reasons why. It doesn't mean your a criminal. It means the automated system cannot finish its checks without errors of some sort.

Chieflywaze

Mar 13, 2023
    Thanks for solving another MSP mystery word game! Their double negatives (not disapproved) and other quirks are almost amusing if it were not such an important right they're overseeing!

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Thanks for solving another MSP mystery word game! Their double negatives (not disapproved) and other quirks are almost amusing if it were not such an important right they're overseeing!

“Not disapproved” is not a double negative in this case, but a legal term. The state is not saying you can have the gun. They’re saying they couldn’t find a reason that you can’t at the time of your background check. Just like in court. The jury doesn’t say you didn’t do it (innocent). They’re saying there wasn’t enough evidence that proved you did (not guilty). I hope this helps clarify things a bit.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    “Not disapproved” is not a double negative in this case, but a legal term. The state is not saying you can have the gun. They’re saying they couldn’t find a reason that you can’t at the time of your background check. Just like in court. The jury doesn’t say you didn’t do it (innocent). They’re saying there wasn’t enough evidence that proved you did (not guilty). I hope this helps clarify things a bit.
    Hopefully I’ll be in your shop bright and early tomorrow morning having received MSP’s 6am email blessing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom