• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    An interesting hypothetical came up and I wanted to see what the prevailing view was.

Given that Marijuana use is illegal at the federal level and thus a disqualifier, would giving up a Medical card via the state's form to inactivate a card remove the disqualifier or would it be enough to simply stop using and just let the card expire?
    You don't need a medical marijuana card to legally purchase or use cannabis in MD.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Why do you have to wait a whole year? If you invalidate it shouldn't that be that?

Is that that they only update once a year?
    I know someone who sent it back certified mail. One month later she got her HQL, she provided a letter and a copy of the certification of delivery with her app. No issue what so ever.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    The GCA doesn't name prohibited substances.

18 USC 922(G)(3)

• who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act, codified at 21 U.S.C. § 802);

An Executive Order could fix all that.
    Exactly: "unlawful user of or addicted to...." Schedule 1 says no medical use exists. Schedule 3 says medical properties recognised. Soooo if one has a weed card, presumably one is under a doctor's care and therefore not an unlawful user of at a federal level. Same as if one is prescribed and using any other schedule 3 substance. Firearms are not prohibited for say a prescription for Tylenol with Codine.

It's just an thought puzzle, I have no expectation that the current administration is interested in doing anything that assists people in owning and carrying firearms.

And I don't believe Trump (if elected) has any interest in alcohol, tobacco firearms or MJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom