Medical records pertaining to Maryland State Police investigation for HQL and CCW

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tony126

Sep 2, 2023
    Frederick
    When going through the background investigation for applying for the HQL or CCW does Maryland State Police have access to HIPPA protected records pertaining mental health or is it just DMMH Records?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Does not matter

The waiver you signed would give them access to any medical records.

The MSP can only look for disqualifying events such as being involuntarily committed or whether you were prescribed marijuana within the past year.

Tony126

Sep 2, 2023
    Frederick
    When going through the background investigation for applying for the HQL or CCW does Maryland State Police have access to HIPPA protected records pertaining mental health or is it just DMMH Records?
    What information retaining any health information is reported? I know if u have been involuntarily committed or voluntarily admitted for 30 days that is reported.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Oh FFS.

Doc T told you that you would be fine here:

MSP knows everything.

Just apply for the carry permit and if approved, you get a free HQL (you must apply for it too).

If you pay $10 and become a MDS supporter, you can find my thanksgiving thread and vote for me to eat shit this Thursday.

Good luck.

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Oh FFS.

MSP knows everything.

Just apply for the carry permit and if approved, you get a free HQL (you must apply for it too).

If you pay $10 and become a MDS supporter, you can find my thanksgiving thread and vote for me to eat shit this Thursday.

Good luck.
    thats-correct-picard.gif

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Yes you give them access to everything via the waiver, but they can only run your name and birth day for a match in the state system easily. They can not even do a direct search, its a very secure system that looks for matches on names and other info encoded in a data base.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Oh FFS.

MSP knows everything.

Good luck.
    The MSP is setting the OP up!!!

Tony126

Sep 2, 2023
    Frederick
    Yes you give them access to everything via the waiver, but they can only run your name and birth day for a match in the state system easily. They can not even do a direct search, its a very secure system that looks for matches on names and other info encoded in a data base.
    What are the matches in the state system are they the Involuntarily and 30 Day Voluntarily prohibitions. I'm just worried MSP can see my voluntarily admission for a week in a private hospital and I'm currently taking anti depressants as the moment and I don't want to get denied because of that. Would MSP be able to see those records during the investigation for the CCW?

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    What are the matches in the state system are they the Involuntarily and 30 Day Voluntarily prohibitions. I'm just worried MSP can see my voluntarily admission for a week in a private hospital and I'm currently taking anti depressants as the moment and I don't want to get denied because of that. Would MSP be able to see those records during the investigation for the CCW?
    Why are you beating this dead horse still??? :deadhorse:
    Your question has been asked and answered at least twice in this thread and by a medical professional in the other thread cited above.
    Give it a rest and just submit your application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom