• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    The doxy for your dog does degrade to a toxic form after expiration....can potentially damage your kidneys.

Don't really have anything bad to say about the Z pak.....seems to be what the doc gives me on the very rare occasion I go to the doc. Newer studies show it may have damaging effects on the heart, but if you think you're dying of something else I guess that really doesn't matter.

IANADOC, lol

Z-packs have been so over used it may not be as effective anymore.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Z-packs have been so over used it may not be as effective anymore.

they seem to be everywhere, which is strange considering you're likely to finish your course while possibly still having some symptoms, so 'leftover antibiotics syndrome' where people feel better and the rest of the course sits unused is much less likely.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Your response to the baltimore clapp and gheep post, lol. No offense, if you took any, just an observation.

I thought you were giving me a sales pitch.

I just needed to know the efficacy of Azithromyecin because of the fact that it is in many medicine cabinets around here.

And I feel bad for ANYONE who has to deal with infected baltimore penises on the regular

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    I thought you were giving me a sales pitch.

I just needed to know the efficacy of Azithromyecin because of the fact that it is in many medicine cabinets around here.

And I feel bad for ANYONE who has to deal with infected baltimore penises on the regular

Z-pacs are good for what is suceptible to them, provided they are prescribed properly and the course is taken in full.

Dec 31, 2012
    Two people living next door to each other can have staph infections while one of them has MRSA and the other does not. Resistance is not instantly transmitted to all like bacteria when it develops. It takes time and communal transmission before the majority of bacteria become resistant. The old drugs will continue to work against the non-mutated strains so don't throw them out but keep alternatives ready.

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    Two people living next door to each other can have staph infections while one of them has MRSA and the other does not. Resistance is not instantly transmitted to all like bacteria when it develops. It takes time and communal transmission before the majority of bacteria become resistant. The old drugs will continue to work against the non-mutated strains so don't throw them out but keep alternatives ready.

Evolution.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Clindamycin @150MGs, Robaxin @500Mgs and lots of pain meds. Keep me in ''it''.

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    So, this is how it works. No Punches pulled:

Man A's junk hurts. He goes to the doc. Doc says he got clapp/gheep/etc. Given antibiotics, says take 3 times a day for 7 days. Man A takes meds, feels better two days later, and stops taking them.

Next day Man A rails Strange B. Couple days later Strange B's slot hurts, Strange B goes to doc, told she has clapp/gheep/etc. Given same antibiotics, but after 7 days her slot still hurts, in addition to Man A's junk hurting again.

Time for new antibiotic for both, because Man A couldn't follow direction.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    this thread is some great info. really brings up things i never thought about

im not into the whole prepping thing just yet, but do you really think this country could basically turn into a 3rd world country where no medicines and doctors are available?

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    this thread is some great info. really brings up things i never thought about

im not into the whole prepping thing just yet, but do you really think this country could basically turn into a 3rd world country where no medicines and doctors are available?

This thread has already digressed from its original intention. We've talked off-label medicine, nuclear holocaust, and Baltimore. What are you expecting, other than go buy fish meds?

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Clindamycin @150MGs, Robaxin @500Mgs and lots of pain meds. Keep me in ''it''.

Be really careful in using clindamycin. Being on this antibiotic for extended periods will predispose one for a potential infection with Clostridium difficile. This bug is a spore former and causes a particularly nasty form of colitis.

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    ^that

i just got over a case of c. diff from clindamycin. absolutely terrible. the c. diff is gone, but man it takes some time for your body to get back to normal. luckly i caught mine early

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Might be a good idea to have some probiotics in that SHTF bag. You may end up with some c.diff. if you need to start taking them.

EDIT: I had no idea that the previous two posts were going to mention c.diff.

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    Might be a good idea to have some probiotics in that SHTF bag. You may end up with some c.diff. if you need to start taking them.

EDIT: I had no idea that the previous two posts were going to mention c.diff.

I've had 2 cats on probiotics. They both ended up being put down. Think avoiding exposure and prerequisite conditions is a better strategy.

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    saccharomyces boulardii is a great probiotic to take if your on antibiotics. from my reading its very effective against preventing and helping with c. diff. it will also help the c.diff to not come back, most times it takes more then one round of antibiotics

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom