• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I guess this will eliminate using a cap and ball revolver for deer hunting as I don't know of a non-lead replacement projectile for these. But I may just be uninformed.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Is this just for hunting or does it also cover target shooting? Self defense?

Will sales of ammo with lead bullets be banned in MD?

When will they start going door-to-door to confiscate the millions of rounds that Marylanders have stored in their arsenals?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    This sort of thing might motivate the Fudd hunters to finally realise that yes, they too are being marked for elimination by the MD GA.

Sadly, it has come a generation too late.

Is there any difference in the ability to make a humane kill with non-lead projectiles? Suffering Bambi might play well in the GA.

357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    Let them. When the deer population is out of control because people don't spend the money on expensive or non-existent ammo, they can reap what they have sewn by way of their Lexuses, Audis, etc going crunch.
    They will simply take our tax money & hire snipers to shoot the deer off season, with lead bullets, & CF rifles in shotgun counties. No skin off their Demonicrat arses.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    The rifle folks would have something to shoot as copper sabots are widely available. But I've never seen a non lead round ball for revolver guys. Maybe they exist???

Damn this MGA shit gets old.
    Interesting to me is pending for a future season? Or at least thats what I was able to read earlier today.
    At any rate if thats the case thats indicative of being on shaky ground and unsure of what's being proposed. No science I suppose.

But, they want to do it. I say go head but there should be information provided in the hunting regulations for dispersal when license become available this year in July.
    But really, the bottom line is there are far too many wildlife violators around the bay to where cases get dismissed. Dorchester county probably leads the pack in losing cases because of incompetence.

States attorneys office is where this starts. With people walking out of there scot free for gross wildlife infractions in both game and watershed violations I'm not in the least bit worried about shooting a deer with a lead bullet or some rabbits with a game load.

When they're blowing cases for tens of thousands of dollars and worried about lead bullets I could give a dam less what restrictions they want to out put in place or enforce.
    Farmers shooting crop damage with copper bullets? Yeah right, wait til they get the message. I wont be holding my breath thats for damn sure.

Like this is the high Sierra's around here or something. They need to get some sewer control happening before I'm too awful worried about a stray bullet choking out a fish crane or some stupid non sense as such.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Depleted uranium made the list lolol
    I like item b.

1707257859631.png

Gee, how about we try a law whereby " a person, during and in relation to the commission of a crime of violence"
    JUST NOT COMMIT CRIMES- VIOLENT or NOT VIOLENT ones?

Then there is no worry about lead bullet usage.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    This sort of thing might motivate the Fudd hunters to finally realise that yes, they too are being marked for elimination by the MD GA.

Sadly, it has come a generation too late.

Is there any difference in the ability to make a humane kill with non-lead projectiles? Suffering Bambi might play well in the GA.
    Most of these Fudds are sitting on top of waterfowl impoundments and have year round caretakers to maintain their acreage.
    They're not worried about copper hunting ammo, they probably already use it already and have someone buy it for them.
    Regular, non essential home boy Fudds like me, dont care what they come up with. We'll risk it.
    Just like the rights trainers get in line to proffer the their services and insurance salesman are projecting profits, lawyers are arguing and so on.
    Wanna be Fudds, are making orders on Midway right now and are just not absolutely going tell their buddies about it.
    Some are even thinking they will get bigger and better leases next year for a knock off price because no one will be hunting.
    Copper bullets are better than homogeneous designs but expensive in my opinion. Itll be the first time the citizenry can actually proclaim our hunting ammo exceeds general military issuance.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Looks like MD finally jumped on the "Ban lead ammo" train. Senator young proposing lead ammo phase out by 2026. SB0983.

Personally, I generally try to limit lead use where I can, but there's really no alternative for some of my ammo.
    LOL,,,,
    I'll switch over after I go through the 10K plus rounds I have stock piled,, In about 20-30 years.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Most of these Fudds are sitting on top of waterfowl impoundments and have year round caretakers to maintain their acreage.
    They're not worried about copper hunting ammo, they probably already use it already and have someone buy it for them.
    Regular, non essential home boy Fudds like me, dont care what they come up with. We'll risk it.
    Just like the rights trainers get in line to proffer the their services and insurance salesman are projecting profits, lawyers are arguing and so on.
    Wanna be Fudds, are making orders on Midway right now and are just not absolutely going tell their buddies about it.
    Some are even thinking they will get bigger and better leases next year for a knock off price because no one will be hunting.
    Copper bullets are better than homogeneous designs but expensive in my opinion. Itll be the first time the citizenry can actually proclaim our hunting ammo exceeds general military issuance.
    Actually the FUDDs are sitting over at MDwhitetails.com,,, either to stupid or lazy to realize the MD government hates them.
    (Hell, MDwhitetails forum actually deleted the "Legislation sub forum" )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom