• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Understood.

Hopefully more manufactures start coming online with lead free ammo in the other calibers.

I can get it for my .350 legend, and my .22LR. Shotguns obviously been lead free for a long time. All of which is what I primarily use for hunting.
    Or you can refuse to comply with this nonsense. This isn't being done to prevent lead poisoning, it's being done to attack law abiding gun owners...

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    A buddy of mine get a hefty fine while duck hunting on Guinea Island
    His crime???? He took a dump which is ok. Wiping his but with paper was considered littering. Hence the fine
    As an Italian I am offended by the island name and demand it must be changed

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    And why has Maryland Shall Issue not taken a stance on this?
    Very disappointed with MSI that their website lists this bill as “information only/ no position”
    Until the actual text is available, “information only/ no position” is correct.

How do you expect anyone to take a position on rumor alone?

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Understood.

Hopefully more manufactures start coming online with lead free ammo in the other calibers.

I can get it for my .350 legend, and my .22LR. Shotguns obviously been lead free for a long time. All of which is what I primarily use for hunting.
    Copper "works" marginally OK for center fire bottle necks with 3000+ FPS,,
    It does NOT work for large, slow moving projectiles,, You need soft lead to expand.
    I spent YEARS trying every 20ga sabot slug when I picked up my H&R USH,, at least 10 types before I found 2 that grouped good out to 120 yards,, then had to deal with poor penetration on deer, to much expansion, not enough, etc. Took years to get the right combination.
    I'm not throwing all that away just to have a choice between 2 piss poor "Copper Solids"

There is a major difference between " A non lead .22 being available" and something that actually works.
    I spent the last few years with my 4 .22 rifles trying to find something the is below super sonic AND groups well,, AND performs on squirrel.. Through a LOT of .22 ammo purchasing, I found it in the CCI suppressor for 2 of the rifles and Aguila sub sonic for the 3rd rifle ,,,, I just purchased over 4,000 rounds.
    I am not throwing that away to buy an ill conceived 27 grain .22 that is hitting 1600 FPS.
    I squirrel hunt, there is a reason I am keeping the rounds relativity slow.

At this point,, they can go phuck themselves,, I will just ignore them.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Surprise surprise. The Bill’s author’s first name is Karen.
    The Bill author is Lewis Young.

And why has Maryland Shall Issue not taken a stance on this? I get that it’s a hunting issue primarily but it’s also a back door attempt to ban all lead ammunition. Very disappointed with MSI that their website lists this bill as “information only/ no position”.
    Probably because the bill verbiage just came out today and they haven't had a chance to read it, just like the rest of us. If you have an issue with MSI why don't you send them an e-mail at info@marylandshallissue.org ?

And also, this filthy Dem isn’t doing her due diligence. No carve out for LEO, DNR, and other Govt sharpshooters that I can see.
    Never has been and there never should be.

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    dblas,

Not sure how either scenario makes a difference. If I read it wrong and parts are already in effect like as far back as DC sniper, my point is that SNIPING is already illegal, WTF does it matter what type ammo is used? WHY do they single out lead, depleted uranium etc?

My point was that faulty "logic" in the wording of the legislation still strikes me as idiotic and criminal in itself on the part of the law makers.

Even if this language is in effect from long ago, my point is that these jackazz legislators are using language that amounts to using a sledge hammer to do brain surgery. In other words. Why the hell is there a Statute, with the subset "B" at all, that uses language excluding the use of lead based bullets while committing a violent crime? Shouldn't the 1000's of laws that state that VIOLENT CRIMES are already illegal and are CRIMES, be enough of a precedent to convict criminals who do violent crimes? What difference does it make to add a whole other stipulation about what type bullet one uses to commit a murder, a mass murder, a hijacking, a murder suicide, etc? Does anyone see my point?

In other words, WTF does it matter if you use a cop killer round or a poison dart, or a lead spitzer to kill someone? You get a pass if you use environmentally friendly ammo?
    It would also appear that the proposed bill is under Natural Resources, and has nothing to do with the verbiage of "banned in use of a crime".
    But I get what your saying, it's illegal, let's make it illegaller.

Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    The Bill author is Lewis Young.

Her name is Karen Lewis Young (Democrat from Frederick) look it up. She’s about as old as the Vegetable in Chief’s wife too.
    Probably because the bill verbiage just came out today and they haven't had a chance to read it, just like the rest of us. If you have an issue with MSI why don't you send them an e-mail at info@marylandshallissue.org ?

MSI had the full text on their website and as of the time of my original post, it was marked information only. As an MSI member I can express my disappointment with them whenever I want, thank you very much. It’s not often that I’m disappointed with them, they are fantastic, but this is a no brainer. They should oppose this. Any hesitation deserves criticism.
    Never has been and there never should be.
    This part was sarcasm. The filthy Democrats always love to play the “for me but not for thee” game; hence the carve outs that always exist for LEO in any gun control bill. She clearly should give back her D-card for not giving the privileged LEO class their carve out.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    They won’t carve out for LEO or whatnot because they ain’t hunting’ it’s “wildlife management”

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    SHOCKED,, The legislation text does not say "Why" ??
    How does one look up MGA members political donors ?

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    As a owner of a Diana 36, I wonder, will such restrictions come to pellets?

Running anything other than lead will destroy the rifling in the barrel…

It would also appear that the proposed bill is under Natural Resources, and has nothing to do with the verbiage of "banned in use of a crime".
    But I get what your saying, it's illegal, let's make it illegaller.
    Yup, Great way to put it, dblas.

And great point you made, N3YMY, Ruining our good gear for no world shaking reason just irks me.

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    So fûcking stupid. The lead comes out of the ground. Wtf does it matter if hunters put a few morsels of it back every year? These politicians seriously need to get a life

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    file:///C:/Users/Michael/Downloads/sb0983F.pdf

SENATE BILL 983

By: Senator Lewis Young
    Introduced and read first time: February 2, 2024
    Assigned to: Education, Energy, and the Environment
    A BILL ENTITLED
    AN ACT concerning
    Hunting – Lead and Lead–Based Ammunition – Phase–Out

FOR the purpose of requiring the Department of Natural Resources to establish a certain
    process to phase out on or before a certain date the use of lead or lead–based
    ammunition for hunting; requiring the Department to establish a process to certify
    ammunition as nonlead ammunition; and generally relating to phasing out the use
    of lead or lead–based ammunition for hunting.

BY adding to

Article – Natural Resources
    Section 10–428
    Annotated Code of Maryland

(2023 Replacement Volume and 2023 Supplement)

SECTION 1. BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF MARYLAND,
    That the Laws of Maryland read as follows: Article – Natural Resources 10–428.

(A) IN THIS SECTION, “NONLEAD AMMUNITION” INCLUDES:

(1) AMMUNITION IN WHICH THERE IS NO LEAD CONTENT, EXCEPT
    TRACE AMOUNTS OF LEAD; AND

(2) ANY FEDERALLY APPROVED NONTOXIC SHOTGUN AMMUNITION.

(B) THE DEPARTMENT SHALL:

(1) ESTABLISH A PROCESS TO PHASE OUT AND, ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 31, 2026, PROHIBIT THE USE OF LEAD OR LEAD–BASED AMMUNITION FOR HUNTING;

(2) ESTABLISH A PROCESS TO CERTIFY AMMUNITION AS NONLEAD AMMUNITION; AND

(3) ADOPT REGULATIONS TO CARRY OUT THIS SECTION.

(C) THE PROCESS TO PHASE OUT LEAD OR LEAD–BASED AMMUNITION SHALL PRIORITIZE DEER HUNTING.
    SECTION 2. AND BE IT FURTHER ENACTED, That this Act shall take effect July 1, 2024.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Her name is Karen Lewis Young (Democrat from Frederick) look it up. She’s about as old as the Vegetable in Chief’s wife too.

MSI had the full text on their website and as of the time of my original post, it was marked information only. As an MSI member I can express my disappointment with them whenever I want, thank you very much. It’s not often that I’m disappointed with them, they are fantastic, but this is a no brainer. They should oppose this. Any hesitation deserves criticism.

This part was sarcasm. The filthy Democrats always love to play the “for me but not for thee” game; hence the carve outs that always exist for LEO in any gun control bill. She clearly should give back her D-card for not giving the privileged LEO class their carve out.
    She was a City of Frederick alderman till she conned the public into electing her to the MGA. Instead of running a Karen Young, Ron Young's wife, she pulled a con job by running a Karen Lewis Young to appear as if she wasn't married to Ron Young.

She is the stepmother to Blaine Young of the Frederick County BoCC from back in the day. All of the Young's that serve(ed) in elected offices are dirty as hell. Do the research.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom