• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason22492

Mar 28, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I'm scared to post this in all honesty, I fear that I may never be able to see any in stock anymore. :innocent0

But from what I've seen, these guys update their page very often and indicate right away when something goes out of stock or comes back in stock. They got some Hodgdon and IMRs back in sale, I just picked up few lbs of H4895s. They do have the hazmat charge of 25 dollars, but compared to other places, they seem fair on prices (less than 25 dollars per pound) and shipping is around 13 dollars, which came to about ~$30.00 per pound for me, shipping and hazmat included. Just wanted to help some fellow MDers out for those interested in buying more powders. :D

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....ept2=SMOKELESS+POWDER&dept3=&sortItem=INSTOCK

cdpuser

Dec 24, 2012
    I have ordered from them twice ... once was a backorder ... they have very good prices but are not midwayusa ... in that they are a little slower ... but if you are not in a hurry for stuff and are content to place a backorder (which many places are not allowing anymore) ... they are a very nice outfit to deal with.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I have ordered from them twice ... once was a backorder ... they have very good prices but are not midwayusa ... in that they are a little slower ... but if you are not in a hurry for stuff and are content to place a backorder (which many places are not allowing anymore) ... they are a very nice outfit to deal with.

I've been ordering from Midsouth and Natchez for many, many years.

Historically speaking, Midsouth is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster than Midway USA.

I order some powder from them, received it 3 days later. (Only downside - you have to be available to SIGN for the powder.)
    Order boolits - on the front step - 3 days later.

Midway USA - The ONLY complaint I have, is delivery. Order ANYTHING and it takes a minimum of a week, unless you want to pay $90.00+ for overnight.

Don't misunderstand - Larry Potterfield and I have been doin' "biness" for a LOT of years.

Wreck

Mar 9, 2012
    Bethesda
    Just scored some Lil Gun, said "In Stock". I've been looking for some powder to load 300 Blackout. Hopefully I'll get it.

Wreck

Mar 9, 2012
    Bethesda
    Just scored some Lil Gun, said "In Stock". I've been looking for some powder to load 300 Blackout. Hopefully I'll get it.

I ordered a few pounds of this to offset hazmat fee, so if anyone local wants to trade a pound of H110 or other powder to load blackout let me know by PM.

Wreck

Mar 9, 2012
    Bethesda
    I've been ordering from Midsouth and Natchez for many, many years.

Historically speaking, Midsouth is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster than Midway USA.

I order some powder from them, received it 3 days later. (Only downside - you have to be available to SIGN for the powder.)
    Order boolits - on the front step - 3 days later.

Midway USA - The ONLY complaint I have, is delivery. Order ANYTHING and it takes a minimum of a week, unless you want to pay $90.00+ for overnight.

Don't misunderstand - Larry Potterfield and I have been doin' "biness" for a LOT of years.

I ordered some powder from Midsouth, it's being shipped via FedEx Ground. A direct signature is required. What if nobody is home to sign for the package when it comes? Will Fedex try again in a day or two or will they send it back to the sender because it is a " hazmat" package?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    They will try 3 times to deliver. You can have them hold it at the FedEx office, and you can pick it up.

All that said, several of my packages were left without requiring a signature.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    You can sign up for Fed X and have it sent to a FedEx store. I have one about 5 minutes from my house and had my Sportsman's Guide order sent to will call there.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I ordered some powder from Midsouth, it's being shipped via FedEx Ground. A direct signature is required. What if nobody is home to sign for the package when it comes? Will Fedex try again in a day or two or will they send it back to the sender because it is a " hazmat" package?

They will try 3 times to deliver. You can have them hold it at the FedEx office, and you can pick it up.

All that said, several of my packages were left without requiring a signature.

You can sign up for Fed X and have it sent to a FedEx store. I have one about 5 minutes from my house and had my Sportsman's Guide order sent to will call there.

Wasn't the case, for me. I TRIED to get them to leave it at the local FedEx store (where it came through), and I'd pick it up.

"No. Sorry. Wrong answer."
    Door/house delivery. ID necessary.

O.K. I took a day of vacation.

FedEx showed up, just as 'nature' was calling.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    OK, I've only had ammo done by FedEx.
    UPS, I've had firearms as well as Hazmat done at WillCall just fine. All redirected and updated from my iPhone using MyUPS app.

Wreck

Mar 9, 2012
    Bethesda
    Thanks guys, I'll have it sent to Will Call at FedEx. I didn't even think of that.

I tried to have it sent to a FedEx location, but says that option is not available. Looks like I can redirect to another address though. I'm out of town this week, when I placed my order it stated they had a three day delay on shipping so I thought I'd be back to take delivery. It figures, the one time I want something later rather than sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom