• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    I just received the following email from Midway USA.

Dear Valued Customer,
    Thanks for your business! It's really important to us that your experiences with MidwayUSA are not only satisfying, but that you feel like you are a part of our family. We work hard every day trying to make sure you get that experience.
    Over time, our industry and business have changed dramatically. In order to offer great Customer service and low prices, we must become increasingly efficient and focused. Therefore, on January 1, 2014, we are inviting all of our dealer Customers to become retail Customers.
    While it may not sound like that is a positive change, it really is. As time has passed, the separation between dealer and retail pricing has narrowed to the point where the prices are predominantly the same. Dealer Customers are also excluded from taking advantage of promotional codes and the Free Shipping available on thousands of products. These restrictions are not in place for retail Customers, which frequently makes overall costs for retail Customers lower than those for dealer Customers.
    Many of our previous dealer Customers have already recognized the benefits of becoming retail Customers and have made the switch. We're confident you will be pleased with this change as well. The change to your account will be seamless to you on January 1, so there is no need for you to take any action. You will no longer need to update your FFL on file, and if you are tax exempt, we will continue to honor that status.
    Please know that everything we do is intended to be in the very best interest of our Customers, and that we really appreciate your business.
    Customer Service
    MidwayUSA

awajr

Jul 11, 2010
    I just got the same email. I guess this means that more of my business will go to Brownells.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    Meh...I got the same email and I was initially disappointed, but he's right, their "discount" has been nonexistent recently and I would have saved more with the coupon codes. So I'll use coupons in the future with Midway and I'll keep my dealer discount at Brownells, and I'll buy from whoever ends up being cheaper.

BeerHunter

Don't ReMember
    Feb 13, 2013
    SoPROM
    Meh...I got the same email and I was initially disappointed, but he's right, their "discount" has been nonexistent recently and I would have saved more with the coupon codes. So I'll use coupons in the future with Midway and I'll keep my dealer discount at Brownells, and I'll buy from whoever ends up being cheaper.

This sums up my feelings as well. I've always received good service from MidwayUSA and will continue to buy from them when they have what I need at a price I like, which is usually not a problem.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD

Wow, a free enterprise economy at work. I thought this was illegal?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Feel free to copy & paste, this is what I'm going to email to them:

Dear MidwayUSA,

On January 1, 2014, I am inviting you to become a former vendor who I would do business with.

While this may not sound like a positive change, it really is. As time has passed, the separation between your pricing, and what my friends and I like to call "a friggin' joke", has diminished to the point where the two are nearly indiscernible.

I hope you will welcome this new phase in our business relationship!

Signed,
    H/C
    Former Customer

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I've been done with them for awhile,even with the so-called discount I found stuff cheaper elsewhere with less shipping. Kind of a shame as I was a customer all the way back to the early 80's.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I appreciate everything that they do for our industry, but lately their prices and especially their shipping have been off the charts.

No dealer discount here. Never bothered. I ordered a bunch of small parts from them for repairs and upgrades two weeks ago. Shipping was a whopping $3.84. Everything showed up three days later.

Jul 1, 2012
    I've been a pretty regular customer of Midway's, and definitely noticed the dealer discounts dwindling lately. As far as shipping costs, it's expensive to ship stuff nowadays, period. I don't think Midway is raking in the dough on shipping, their costs have been in line with what I expected, and packages always arrived in a few days. Having sold a ton of stuff on evilBay and GB lately, it's shocking how much money I've had to relinquish to UPS/FEDEX even with discounts.

Just wait til we have to pay taxes for internet sales and then see how much it hurts!

(BTW - just for sheetz and giggles I compared their shipping costs with what it would have cost me to send the same package the same way, and their charge was cheaper).

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I've only got one gripe with Midway, and it's a small one: back before things went nuts, they'd have nearly everything in stock that they had listed on their site. If you placed an order under $40, they tacked on an extra $4 (10%, or more) in addition to the shipping fee. That was fine ... when they had stuff in stock.

But then when stuff was running out of stock all over the map, you'd place an order for, say, $150 worth of materials, but most of it was on back order. As it came in, bit by bit, it would be shipped to you ... with that $4 extra fee tacked on. It was pretty annoying to be charged extra because the company didn't have things in stock when you ordered it.

I'll still order from Midway, but tend to do business more with Natchez these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom