• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    I got a notification that there were SRPs available (Magnum) at Brownells this morning. Prepared for disappointment, I clicked on the link and got to the website. Clicked on "add to cart". It worked! I can't believe that I was able to get to the order page and actually pay for the primers. Of course, nothing is final until I have those things in my hands. Glad I didn't give up trying.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    I got a notification that there were SRPs available (Magnum) at Brownells this morning. Prepared for disappointment, I clicked on the link and got to the website. Clicked on "add to cart". It worked! I can't believe that I was able to get to the order page and actually pay for the primers. Of course, nothing is final until I have those things in my hands. Glad I didn't give up trying.

I've noticed powder, projectiles, and primers seem to be dropping more often lately.

Usually if they're going to cancel your order you get an email sometime between 1 to 3 hours later. It's already happened to me three times. The transaction goes through just fine and then you get an email telling you that your order has been canceled because they sold more than they had. That's because they don't have real time inventory tracking software. Midway USA has been doing the same thing. I had primers in my cart and click complete transaction and then got a message that my car was empty and there was nothing to buy. I sent Midway USA and email several weeks ago warning them about the box that were monitoring their webpage and they didn't believe me. I sent them another email after this happened and they acknowledged that when they put primers up for sale they're usually gone within 2 to 5 seconds which is not humanly possible but they don't know how to fix the problem.

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    Usually if they're going to cancel your order you get an email sometime between 1 to 3 hours later. It's already happened to me three times. The transaction goes through just fine and then you get an email telling you that your order has been canceled because they sold more than they had. That's because they don't have real time inventory tracking software. Midway USA has been doing the same thing. I had primers in my cart and click complete transaction and then got a message that my car was empty and there was nothing to buy. I sent Midway USA and email several weeks ago warning them about the box that were monitoring their webpage and they didn't believe me. I sent them another email after this happened and they acknowledged that when they put primers up for sale they're usually gone within 2 to 5 seconds which is not humanly possible but they don't know how to fix the problem.
    Like you, I see them available and by the time I get to pay, they are pulled out of the cart. Frustrating, but I keep trying and my perseverance finally paid off, I hope. I am waiting for the 1 to 3 hour window to pass.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

It isn't humanly possible. But with a bot it is.

And that I think is the biggest issue. Both scalpers and individuals are running so many bots that in a lot of cases that is the only way to get some things. In some instances, yeah a real human can click through. But even there, in a lot of cases if you aren't loading the page within seconds of it dropping (IE a real time notification. Not a notification a minute or two after they drop) there just isn't time to add and click through for check out.

In many cases I've gotten notifications likely within 2-3 minutes of them dropping (I have several notifications on different pages and it is a 5 minute update interval). Always out of stock. Or at least for the last 6-8 weeks they have been. Scored some back in December when you seemed to have 3-5 minutes of reaction time.

A lot more stuff dropping the last month. Powders, primer and other components. But it mostly seems to be going faster than it was a couple of months ago. I think a lot more individuals have been going to bots vs guys just checking pages all the time and relying on notifications.

Hopefully between maybe more supply and more guys getting their 35k primers it'll cut down on those who are using bots to grab anything and everything.

I have noticed 2-3 places have had 209 primers in stock for days at a time now. Which isn't what I need, but one of those hopeful signs that maybe one of these months soon stuff will actually be available here and there for more than a few seconds.

It isn't humanly possible. But with a bot it is.

And that I think is the biggest issue. Both scalpers and individuals are running so many bots that in a lot of cases that is the only way to get some things. In some instances, yeah a real human can click through. But even there, in a lot of cases if you aren't loading the page within seconds of it dropping (IE a real time notification. Not a notification a minute or two after they drop) there just isn't time to add and click through for check out.

In many cases I've gotten notifications likely within 2-3 minutes of them dropping (I have several notifications on different pages and it is a 5 minute update interval). Always out of stock. Or at least for the last 6-8 weeks they have been. Scored some back in December when you seemed to have 3-5 minutes of reaction time.

A lot more stuff dropping the last month. Powders, primer and other components. But it mostly seems to be going faster than it was a couple of months ago. I think a lot more individuals have been going to bots vs guys just checking pages all the time and relying on notifications.

Hopefully between maybe more supply and more guys getting their 35k primers it'll cut down on those who are using bots to grab anything and everything.

I have noticed 2-3 places have had 209 primers in stock for days at a time now. Which isn't what I need, but one of those hopeful signs that maybe one of these months soon stuff will actually be available here and there for more than a few seconds.

I know for a fact that bots are being used. There's no other way to explain why they sell out of any product within 3 to 5 seconds of them being posted. Even if you left your account logged in and had a credit card on file it still takes far longer than that to get through the checkout process. Just the delay in screen update itself takes longer than that. There are a couple of ways they could minimize the effect that these bots are having on their purchases. One way very simple would be to allow back ordering with a caveat that if the prices go up the buyer will be notified of the new price and if then they except the new price the product will be shipped to them. Another way would be to not allow a user account to remain logged in any more than a few minutes. It would then be very easy to see which accounts are continually re logging in and then just simply remove those accounts but they don't appear to be interested in doing any of that. Their customer service rep ently denied that bots were being used to purchase product. We all know better. And it's not just Midway USA all of the big name reloading supply retailers are having the same issue. Brownells, powder valley, mid-south, Natchez and I'm sure others are all being monitored by thousands of robotic programs and in my opinion mostly so they can flip the products for 10 times there retail value on sites like gunbroker. If those sites would crack down on the gouging the supply would come back somewhat because there would be no point for the gouges to buy at $45 a brick and sell them for $500.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I know for a fact that bots are being used. There's no other way to explain why they sell out of any product within 3 to 5 seconds of them being posted. Even if you left your account logged in and had a credit card on file it still takes far longer than that to get through the checkout process. Just the delay in screen update itself takes longer than that. There are a couple of ways they could minimize the effect that these bots are having on their purchases. One way very simple would be to allow back ordering with a caveat that if the prices go up the buyer will be notified of the new price and if then they except the new price the product will be shipped to them. Another way would be to not allow a user account to remain logged in any more than a few minutes. It would then be very easy to see which accounts are continually re logging in and then just simply remove those accounts but they don't appear to be interested in doing any of that. Their customer service rep ently denied that bots were being used to purchase product. We all know better. And it's not just Midway USA all of the big name reloading supply retailers are having the same issue. Brownells, powder valley, mid-south, Natchez and I'm sure others are all being monitored by thousands of robotic programs and in my opinion mostly so they can flip the products for 10 times there retail value on sites like gunbroker. If those sites would crack down on the gouging the supply would come back somewhat because there would be no point for the gouges to buy at $45 a brick and sell them for $500.

A simple captcha at check out would break the vast majority of them.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    A simple captcha at check out would break the vast majority of them.

What do midway and brownells care who buys their primers? They're selling everything at any price. And they know people will still buy from them after this panic is over, because all their competition is doing the same thing.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    What do midway and brownells care who buys their primers? They're selling everything at any price. And they know people will still buy from them after this panic is over, because all their competition is doing the same thing.

I won’t if they continue to allow the bots. Since I’m someone who can’t stay logged in and hover over the site 24/7 waiting for stuff to drop, I’ve lost interest in ammo/reloading supplies and sites like Midway, Brownells, etc. Believe me, I’m not the only one. Let them continue to play their games and allow bots...they will get the CTD (along with Palmetto State Armory for me) treatment. Yea yea I know they won’t care. But unlike a lot of cucks, I stand for what I believe. I’ll buy local if/when it comes available.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I got 5k of those SRMPs this morning, too. Pretty much good to go at this point with primers for another year. Someone on Discord claimed Brownells got in 10M (!) SRPMPs, which might explain why this drop lasted a whopping 10 minutes or so.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I got 5k of those SRMPs this morning, too. Pretty much good to go at this point with primers for another year. Someone on Discord claimed Brownells got in 10M (!) SRPMPs, which might explain why this drop lasted a whopping 10 minutes or so.

Sadly not me. Oh well. Hope that’s true. Maybe it’ll put a dent in demand. That said that only works out to 2,000 people getting a case each. Probably need a billion to make a REAL dent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom