• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    The store in delmar delaware is closing soon. No date given yet. Everything is 10% off

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021
    I don't think I've ever been to a 'Military exchange', what is for sale in there?
    The ones I have seen have housewares, small appliances, sporting goods, casual clothing, linens, luggage, giftware. There is also usually the option to order goods from a catalog. Many had a military uniform shop. The prices were usually competitive (by law) with local stores. You had to have a military or retireee ID to shop there. They usually didn't collect sales taxes. The displays weren't high-end, pretty spartan, but you usually could get premium brands there at good prices.

I can imagine the stores have seen loss of business in the online shopping era, even if the AAFEES/NEX organizations also sold online.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    The ones I have seen have housewares, small appliances, sporting goods, casual clothing, linens, luggage, giftware. There is also usually the option to order goods from a catalog. Many had a military uniform shop. The prices were usually competitive (by law) with local stores. You had to have a military or retireee ID to shop there. They usually didn't collect sales taxes.

I can imagine the stores have seen loss of business in the online shopping era, even if the AAFEES/NEX organizations also sold online.

He said the business is for sale... to me that indicates he's not talking about an actual military exchange like AAFEES or NEX but rather a privately owned store that sells military surplus.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    The ones I have seen have housewares, small appliances, sporting goods, casual clothing, linens, luggage, giftware. There is also usually the option to order goods from a catalog. Many had a military uniform shop. The prices were usually competitive (by law) with local stores. You had to have a military or retireee ID to shop there. They usually didn't collect sales taxes. The displays weren't high-end, pretty spartan, but you usually could get premium brands there at good prices.

Not an actual 'exchange'.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    It is just a name of a private business. It has nothing to do with PX or BX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom