• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    I'll be there and possibly I'll bring 3 or 4 others with me.
    Be sure to dress warm even though we will have a fire going. Hot/Cold Drink, Burgers & Dogs are available also.
    Note: Bring enough Ammo, 2 Mags/En-blocs/Stripper Clips, this is a 58rd Shoot which includes 2 10rd rapid fire!

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    what are you bringing?

M1 Garand

HRGarand5.jpg

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Looks good from afar are there any dings on the furniture, if not how did you get them out?

Mine has a few but I don't want to do anything destructive for fear of messing up the cartouches.

This one came the way you see it! New Furniture......your looking at the CMP Maple Stock & Handguards.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    This one came the way you see it! New Furniture......your looking at the CMP Maple Stock & Handguards.

That explains it then, not sure what I want to do with the one I just got here on the board. I love it, it killed block ice in a milk jug sitting on a fence post well today from my bedroom window. I do NOT want to destroy the original pressed 1950's cartouches but wouldn't mind raising the few minor dents and getting some of the oil out of it.

Pressure washer, dishwasher or just leave well enough alone and forget perfection?:o

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Dishwasher works well, actually helps cartouches- it raised some on my m1 carbine I couldn't see before hand.

If you are sqeemish, simple green or denatured alcohol will strip out the grease and a damp washcloth and an iron will raise out most dents....

Before:

webDSC00493.jpg

after:

webDSC00542.jpg

Lambo,

Have you oiled that stock up yet? CMP always ships them kinda dry....

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Dishwasher works well, actually helps cartouches- it raised some on my m1 carbine I couldn't see before hand.

If you are sqeemish, simple green or denatured alcohol will strip out the grease and a damp washcloth and an iron will raise out most dents....

Before:

webDSC00493.jpg

after:

webDSC00542.jpg

Lambo,

Have you oiled that stock up yet? CMP always ships them kinda dry....

Yep..........the first thing I did after a complete break-down cleaning. The Furniture was extremely dry, applied 2 coats of Lindseed Oil.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I just did my annual detail strip of my competition rifle and the mandatory additional coat of oil. I tried OOOO steel wool as an applicator. Worked nice and evened out some of the scratches it picked up this year.

I wanted to try the SL shoots this year but its a two hour drive one way....It'll be a while till I have that much time....

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    Can't make it this weekend, but this seems like something I'd want to shoot my No4 MKII in. I'll check it out after Feb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom