• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I have some lightweight ponchos in the vehicles for me and the Missus, but decided I'd like to get some more substantial gear. Found the liners at Midway at what appears to be a decent price (~$20) but no ponchos. Any pointers?

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I have some lightweight ponchos in the vehicles for me and the Missus, but decided I'd like to get some more substantial gear. Found the liners at Midway at what appears to be a decent price (~$20) but no ponchos. Any pointers?
    Try Sportsman’s Guide, they have an extensive selection of milsurp equipment, frequently on sale too.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Try Sportsman’s Guide, they have an extensive selection of milsurp equipment, frequently on sale too.
    Thanks, nothing there that catches my eye but perhaps I do not know what to look for. What material is the ticket? Rubberized? Nylon? Other? Do want water proof.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Try Coleman’s for military surplus. Here’s this.

C84F5A1D-259F-4225-BBB0-48F70EBC6388.jpeg

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Try McGuire’s Army-Navy

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Beacons Surplus in Waldorf use to have both the woodland USGI poncho and liner. Liner is a a polyester blend. Poncho is rip stop nylon. It’s waterproof, so much so, that in warm weather your getting wet either from sweat or the rain. :)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    US GI poncho liners suck for warmth. Kifaru woobies are amazing. Expensive, but are substantial for better warmth. Highly water resistant so much that you can use them as a ground cloth as well. Mine goes with me everywhere in the car and certainly camping.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Like the smell of canvas tents, I will also never forget the smell of poncho's.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Ahhh memories…. I remember when they opened the runny eggs and they were green on top and they stirred them until the green was gone… I have since not been able to drink coffee as I associate it with green, runny eggs. Yuck
    And chow in Mermites.

mermite.jpg

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Yes the mermite cans since I was always starving I used to be first to help with it and set it up and would see the green eggs I can still taste it just looking at this picture makes me green just looking at it yuck
    Here’s some info on green eggs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom