• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Just got a good looking 186 series mini 14 gb, and I'm rather smitten.

It's got a fairly thin barrel profile, and I was curious about the "accu-struts" or those mo-bars, or mo-rods, what ever they are. Anyone have experience with them? Pretty good reviews from what I've seen.

Also, I like the look of em. Anyone seen any in stainless, so it would match my barrel?

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    I can't speak to their performance; I'm planning on picking one up for my newer Mini-30 but haven't gotten to it. Like you, I've heard really positive reviews for them, especially on the older, thinner-barrelled models.

I do know that at least one manufacturer makes them in stainless though so you should be good. I can't recall which one though.

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I can't speak to their performance; I'm planning on picking one up for my newer Mini-30 but haven't gotten to it. Like you, I've heard really positive reviews for them, especially on the older, thinner-barrelled models.

I do know that at least one manufacturer makes them in stainless though so you should be good. I can't recall which one though.

The Mo-Rod has a SS version. I used that on both of my 581 series SS Mini's and they work as a good heat sink plus I like how it looks. I didn't test before I put the Mo-Rod's on but I've been able to group at times under an inch at 100 yards and 2-2 1/2 inches at 200 yards on a good day with Hornady soft points.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    The Mo-Rod has a SS version. I used that on both of my 581 series SS Mini's and they work as a good heat sink plus I like how it looks. I didn't test before I put the Mo-Rod's on but I've been able to group at times under an inch at 100 yards and 2-2 1/2 inches at 200 yards on a good day with Hornady soft points.

So you like the mo-rod? That's the one I was thinking about because of cost. I think the Har-Bar, or something, is like 200 bucks. That's crazy.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Imetthevarmit

Latest threads

Top Bottom