• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Nice price, I got my last set from CDNN. With shipping here I got it down to $19 a pop, not bad, thanks for sharing.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Got mine today. THEY ARE ProMags, WTF!!!!!.

Already sent hate mail. They do not mention anywhere that they are ProMags and have a trademark next to Ruger insinuating that these are OEM. For ProMags this is not even a deal, you can get them for $15 a pop, let alone the $17,50 I paid in shipping.

:mad54::mad54::mad54:

SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan

Already sent hate mail. They do not mention anywhere that they are ProMags and have a trademark next to Ruger insinuating that these are OEM. For ProMags this is not even a deal, you can get them for $15 a pop, let alone the $17,50 I paid in shipping.

That sucks! Get an RA # and send 'em back - dispute the charge with your credit card company if necessary. I'd be pretty ticked too!

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD

Sorry to hear,

I thought about getting a few myself but was concerned that the SS mags were not made by Ruger since the only Ruger manufactured Mini-14 mags that I am aware of are blued. If it is not available on Rugers website, it doesn't exist.

chrisflhtc

Jan 28, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Mine came in last night and Sportsman Guide received a call five minuets later and is getting them back. This is after I asked the order desk if they were Ruger OEM mags:mad54: Sorry guys:o Got my return labels by email printed out now this bites.
    C

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Mine came in last night and Sportsman Guide received a call five minuets later and is getting them back. This is after I asked the order desk if they were Ruger OEM mags:mad54: Sorry guys:o Got my return labels by email printed out now this bites.
    C

Did they offer up any kind of excuse? Perhaps "well the manufacturer says they meet OEM specs"?

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    No sorry necessary for that, you just pointed us to a good deal. I just don't like how they are advertised. I have my RMA coming.

Here is their response to me:

Dear Dominic,

Thank you for your email.

Even though the mags are not made by Ruger they are made for Ruger which the Ruger company allows them to use their trademark. Please let us know if you would like a pre paid return label either emailed, if you have a printer, or mailed to you if you choose to send them back.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Enjoy the Outdoors!

Michelene Jensen
    Customer Service

Visit our Website at www.sportsmansguide.com

Fine, then why are you not saying in your prodct add that they are from ProMag, no big deal but then i can make a decision on wether to order or not.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    I assume you guys are talking about the silver ones? In SG's defense in the description they do say:

Brand new and ready to rock! Introducing super high after market quality, stainless steel Ruger® Mini-14® Mags to flawlessly "feed" round after round.
    I admit that is worded so poorly it may as well have been a sales pitch for Japanese
    "Super happy fun bang bang go mags".
    Gotta be careful with SG, alot of good stuff but they have no qualms selling utter crap either.

Their GuideGear is a perfect example. Bought a fantastic guidegear jacket for like $25-30 from them that has held up as good as my Carharrt for two years now under outdoor and mechanical use. On the other hand avoid Guidegear boots like the plague!!! I have bought two pairs and they both fell apart within weeks or months.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    NOPE, they changed it. I just went back and it did not say anything about Aftermarket before we all got pi$$ed.

This is the product posting I ordered off:

Mini 14

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    If the email is correct and Ruger gave some kind of thumbs up, it would seem that a pointed email in Ruger's direction is also called for.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27

The pulled this same BS on me three or four years ago when they advertised three Hk 45 mags for $51. Same deal and a pic of a real Hk mag in the product listing.

They sell tons of imported Chinese crap on that site and I will no longer buy from them.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    they have a good return policy, but it should not have to be used as often as it is. i bought a couple of 1911 mags from them, and as i loaded one in my gun at the range, the baseplate flew into orbit and sent the cartridges raining from the magwell. the shell of the mag was then stuck wedged inside my gun:mad54:. dont evenget me started on the 15 rounders:sad20:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom