• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Can anyone tell me the Mini 14 ranch gun that is sold as 4 +1, is the magazine built-in or is it detachable? And yes, you probably know why I am asking this.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Yes, it's detachable, and yes to your unasked question. I have several of the unmentioned articles that work quite well. Enjoy!

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Why are legally-obtained 20- and 30-rounders (or even 100 drums) "unmentionable"?

Not that they are unmentionable, just that the OP didn't mention them. I hoped a little humor might be fun this morning. :lol2:

jnevis

Jun 27, 2012
    It stilll boggles my mind the stupidity of SB281. I can buy a 223 Mini 14 but not an AR 15 at the same time I can buy a 308 AR but not an M1A.
    :confused::banghead:
    Then again it is MD so it shouldn't be a surprise really.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Pm just sent.

BTW you can still buy an ar15 in md it is cash and carry. It just has to be an H bar style. And the mini 14 has to be the ranch rifle configuration.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    And the mini 14 has to be the ranch rifle configuration.

WRONG. Only the Mini-14 folding stock is banned. A Mini-14 collapsing stock and or fixed stock is perfectly legal. A Mini-14 with a synthetic stock is legal. The LE/GOV'T model is legal even with the bayonet lug. Only the Mini-14 with a folding stock is banned.

Speaking of which contact Lou45 at Shooters Discount for some great prices on LE/GOV'T model Mini-14 (LE trade ins) and some LE trade in Colt 6721 HBARS and brand new Colt HBARs.

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Update - Bought mini 14 Ranch rifle, .223 Remington, black synthetic stock from Bud's Gun Shop. www.budsgunshop.com Fair price and good shipping. Going today 7/16 to pick up from All Pawn. Going to stop at Myrtle Grove on way home and see what it will do straight out of the box. Thanks to all for input and advice. Shoot safe!

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I have something like 8 accessories for that rifle, some are silver some are blue some are longer then others. I will let go for a fair price we can meet at the 5 guys burgers in king george and see them.
    If you are interested shoot me a pm.

BMW

Feb 28, 2013
    SoMD
    Which walmart did you see them at? Those in my area, never have them in stock.

The Walmart in La Plata had one in the case....good luck finding someone working the counter though.

Edit: that was Monday 14 July

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom