• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Non-corrosive (supposedly).

Anyone have an opinion about this stuff? I bought a couple of boxes. It arrived clean, undented and uncorroded. I'm thinking about going back for more but I figured I'd get some opinions.
    I haven't shot any of it yet.

Thoughts?

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Be careful, there's been some kabooms reported. I think it's been narrowed down to 1963-1965 dated cases.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    @JTH20 Oh man, that's why I ask these questions. Thanks very much for your response.

The two boxes I bought are 1976 but I have some older stuff that I bought at an MDS meet 'n swap. Now I need to go back and examine those.

My beef with Privi Partisan/PPU new M2 ball reproduction is that the extractor groove is every so slightly different than genuine M2 ball. They fit slightly differently in the enbloc clips and repro enbloc clips themselves have some issues. Combine the two and you get some frustrating feeding issues.

I've had clips ejection before all rounds are fired and some failures to feed properly. I *think* I've figured out how to load the PPU rounds so that they behave. Hopefully I can try them this weekend.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I have some MKE 72 ammo…I always suspected it was corrosive but I’m glad it’s not. I did avoid it in my stash but I may try it out on my next range trip. I assume MKE is better than Pakistani or South Korean (corrosive) M2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom