• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    MN government is controlled by the DIM's

Governor Walz and the DFL House & Senate are moving quickly with several different bills that ban most semi-automatic rifles, many semi-automatic shotguns, and even some handguns.
    Depending on which bill(s) are passed, some or all of the following could take plan:
    • A complete ban on the sale or transfer of semi-automatic rifles, many shotguns, and even some handguns
    • You could be forced to register your firearms annually, allow law enforcement to inspect your home, and pay an annual fee to the State
    • A complete ban on magazines holding more than ten rounds
    • Upon your death, the firearms would have to be turned in and destroyed
    Governor Walz has also called on a complete BAN on magazines holding more than 10 rounds and has previously supported bans on semi-automatic rifles – there is no doubt in our minds that he would sign such a bill.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    This will probably be the new MO going forward until the SCOTUS flips and then they can overturn Heller.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Lutherans are too polite to say no to this crap, apparently.

I was born in that state. It is unrecognizable, now, except for the mosquitos

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    This will probably be the new MO going forward until the SCOTUS flips and then they can overturn Heller.

Everyone is worried about Thomas and his retirement, when they should be looking at a possible #7 vote instead.

Supreme Court's Sotomayor Travels With Medic
    Justice Sonia Sotomayor, the only current Supreme Court justice known to have required medical assistance during travels, has had attention brought to her health after records from the U.S. Marshals Service surfaced.

The records, revealed by the liberal watchdog group Fix The Court, show that Sotomayor, who has Type 1 diabetes, was accompanied by a medic on a trip to South Florida from Grand Junction, Colorado, in February 2018, a month after experiencing a low blood sugar episode at her home.

The documents further disclose that on at least four occasions in 2021 and 2022, Sotomayor's luggage included "medical gear" or "medical supplies," highlighting the ongoing health concerns for the 69-year-old justice.

These revelations have sparked discussions among some about the potential implications for the Supreme Court's future, especially in light of the precedent set by the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's decision not to retire during former President Barack Obama's tenure.

The discussions about Sotomayor's health and tenure come amid concerns about the balance of the Supreme Court following the appointment of Justice Amy Coney Barrett by former President Donald Trump, which established a 6-3 majority of Republican-appointed justices. The issue of justices' retirement and the timing thereof has become a critical strategic consideration for both political parties, given the lifetime appointments to the bench.

"It's quite possible the Democrats will lose control of the Senate in the next election, and who knows how long it could be before there's a next opportunity for a Democratic president to make a new appointment into the seat she sits in? Justice [Antonin] Scalia stuck around through the 2006 election, did not make it to 2017, which would have been the next opportunity," podcast host Josh Barro told Fox News in January, while speculating on Sotomayor's retirement.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Everyone is worried about Thomas and his retirement, when they should be looking at a possible #7 vote instead.

Supreme Court's Sotomayor Travels With Medic

Diabetes means she's going to have medical gear. I have medical gear everywhere I go. I have had low blood sugar spells. Now, if she has complications with Kidneys or other organs from the diabetes, then it may be more serious. The info you posted to me says diabetic and doesn't scream out as alarming. I'd be curious what the medical team is, but that could be a slew of things. Example is when I was on prednisone for another issue, it messed up my blood sugar and wife had to call 911 multiple times due to severe crashes. Who knows, but we need the Senate and presidency first :)

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Diabetes means she's going to have medical gear. I have medical gear everywhere I go. I have had low blood sugar spells. Now, if she has complications with Kidneys or other organs from the diabetes, then it may be more serious. The info you posted to me says diabetic and doesn't scream out as alarming. I'd be curious what the medical team is, but that could be a slew of things. Example is when I was on prednisone for another issue, it messed up my blood sugar and wife had to call 911 multiple times due to severe crashes. Who knows, but we need the Senate and presidency first :)

Do you travel with a medic like she does? (rhetorical)

100% on the second highlight.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Do you travel with a medic like she does? (rhetorical)

100% on the second highlight.

I just mean that if she has something else that could impact diabetes such as my example, may require a medic depending on severity, but not necessarily terminal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom