• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Montgomery County politicians and the people who elect them are a joke. Giving $100 tickets to people who can reuse items while ignoring that MoCo is overrun with illegal immigrants who get free stuff from the county.

bg71361

Apr 30, 2012
    People act like this is a big surprise what's going on in MoCo will be coming to the rest of you sooner than you think.... out of control run away government

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Awwwwwww! Did MoCo have a budget overrun last year?

She'll probably get a medal for "Most Creative Solution to Solve the Budget Crisis" for coming up with that idea.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Montgomery County politicians and the people who elect them are a joke. Giving $100 tickets to people who can reuse items while ignoring that MoCo is overrun with illegal immigrants who get free stuff from the county.

I have been known to eye up a junk pile, but usually never pick. That might change now that I know MoCo doesn't want you doing it. I would have at least kept the bike if I was getting a ticket.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    Does a code enforcement "officer" have arrest powers? Is there a law requiring us to produce ID in public? I probably would have simply walked away, but I'm curious how stupid of a move that might actually be here.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    Also in MoCo, a relative got a ticket for having an unregistered auto on their property for over a year; their daughter died and it is taking a long time to settle the estate. They are trying to sell it but turned the tags in already. It runs, so it isn't like having a junker on blocks in the front lawn.

Nosey ass neighbors probably said something. I would never live in that county.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Also in MoCo, a relative got a ticket for having an unregistered auto on their property for over a year; their daughter died and it is taking a long time to settle the estate. They are trying to sell it but turned the tags in already. It runs, so it isn't like having a junker on blocks in the front lawn.

Nosey ass neighbors probably said something. I would never live in that county.

My neighborhood has a citizen's association that is basically a joke. It's not a HOA, and they have no legal bearing. Case in point, one of the "covenants" is that you cannot rent out your basement. Lots of people do it and the citizens association threatens legal action, but nothing happens because they don't have any right to.

I spotted one of the citizens association guys driving through my court one day. I asked him a few weeks later what he was up to and he said "looking for code violations."

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    I drive my pick-up through Gaithersburg on the first Monday night of each month looking for good stuff. 1st Tuesday of each month is free bulk trash pickup so people load the curbs with stuff. Got almost 4 dozen perfectly good 2x4s and other lumber last month. One man's trash is another man's treasure and all.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    It's amazing that the same Montgomery County that will fine you for not recycling every last pop-top will also fine your for trying to re-use perfectly good property that others have decided they no longer want

So when you re-use stuff that would be filling up the MoCo landfill you are a criminal. Look at the INSANITY of this policy: the bicycle that is not allowed to be re-used goes on the landfill pile along with the bicycle that the had to be bought new by the guy who could have re-used the old bicycle!!

So much for going Green, you hypocritical bastards....

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I always thought the liberal mantra was "Reduce, REUSE, recycle?"

Well, unless they make money off it. Which the county DOES make money off of recycling. That and the sales tax loss if these "scavengers" would just buy new items.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I drive my pick-up through Gaithersburg on the first Monday night of each month looking for good stuff. 1st Tuesday of each month is free bulk trash pickup so people load the curbs with stuff. Got almost 4 dozen perfectly good 2x4s and other lumber last month. One man's trash is another man's treasure and all.

***There's a guy on another thread who lives in Gaithersburg looking for a Dillon RL-550-B at yard sales in MoCo. Might wanna post if you find one of those on bulk trash pickup day unless you want it of course...

It's amazing what people throw away in my neighborhood. I've seen perfectly good skis, roller blades, bicycles, aluminum cylinder heads off a Hemi-Cuda, silverware, tons of video games, a grandfather clock without grampa in it, etc..

What's this world coming to when people throw away perfectly good stuff (old wife, etc...) to just get newer, nicer looking stuff?

Damn materialists..

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Would have called the police for the A-hole dumping crap on my property.

Up here it's common courtesy to put anything useful that you don't want, or anything metal out front for the scrappers. Doesn't matter what it is, it will be gone within 30 minutes. Was doing brakes on my wifes car in the driveway, scrapper came by, wanted the old rotors I was replacing and planned to throw away, and even helped me bleed the brakes in return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom