• ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I have crack sniffing dogs.

No butt crack goes un-sniffed.

And you need not worry about profiling, they are equal opportunity butt-sniffers, all butts are equal in their, er, eyes.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I have crack sniffing dogs.

No butt crack goes un-sniffed.

And you need not worry about profiling, they are equal opportunity butt-sniffers, all butts are equal in their, er, eyes.

You're starting to sound like clandestine...............:innocent0

Marylandfisherman

Self Aware
    Nov 10, 2011
    Some areas in MoCo have a lot of crime. Areas of Germantown have gotten pretty bad, even near the PD itself. My buddy in the MoCo PD always has interesting stories to tell. He's been fired upon quite a few times in the past two to three years.

I would ask to see some kind of report on this^...

As a MoCo resident for the last ....damn.... 36 or so years, and having spent several years living within a rifle shot of the Germantown station(and all the rest in Rockville, Gaithersburg, and Montgomery Village) I have NEVER heard random gunfire.

And I would add that if there were enough "shots fired" calls in MoCo for a single officer to have been on the receiving end "quite a few times", there would be some news coverage of same. You almost never hear about that...

Just my .02

ETA: when shots are fired elsewhere in the state, in the general direction of the police, note is made on the nightly news...

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I would ask to see some kind of report on this^...

As a MoCo resident for the last ....damn.... 36 or so years, and having spent several years living within a rifle shot of the Germantown station(and all the rest in Rockville, Gaithersburg, and Montgomery Village) I have NEVER heard random gunfire.

And I would add that if there were enough "shots fired" calls in MoCo for a single officer to have been on the receiving end "quite a few times", there would be some news coverage of same. You almost never hear about that...

Just my .02

ETA: when shots are fired elsewhere in the state, in the general direction of the police, note is made on the nightly news...

Most of it is not covered by local news. Not so much as a peep.

Hang out at the gas station at Aircraft and 118, especially after dark. It's within eyesight of the PD and a crime hotspot. My bud the LEO recently drove in there one Saturday afternoon with his family to fuel up after dropping off stuff at the PD. A dude walked over to him from the front of the store and tried to carjack him. My bud pulled his off-duty gun to apprehend the perp. Or talk evening strolls between Father Hurley and 118 on Crystal Rock Drive, nicknamed Crystal Meth Drive by the LEOs because they do so many raids up and down Crystal Rock. A popular place for arrests is directly across the street at the movie theater. Up past Father Hurley near Water's Landing Park is particularly bad.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    My neighbor has one of those gun sniffing dogs. Every time the dog smells me, it's right at my crotch. Then the dog immediately turns and runs away, tail between it's legs, then proceeds to tremble and wimper.

Marylandfisherman

Self Aware
    Nov 10, 2011
    Most of it is not covered by local news. Not so much as a peep.

Hang out at the gas station at Aircraft and 118, especially after dark. It's within eyesight of the PD and a crime hotspot. My bud the LEO recently drove in there one Saturday afternoon with his family to fuel up after dropping off stuff at the PD. A dude walked over to him from the front of the store and tried to carjack him. My bud pulled his off-duty gun to apprehend the perp. Or talk evening strolls between Father Hurley and 118 on Crystal Rock Drive, nicknamed Crystal Meth Drive by the LEOs because they do so many raids up and down Crystal Rock. A popular place for arrests is directly across the street at the movie theater. Up past Father Hurley near Water's Landing Park is particularly bad.
    Ok, well, I stopped "hanging out" at gas stations in '88 or so...

Haven't had a single problem at one since then.

Take that as you will...
    My neighbor has one of those gun sniffing dogs. Every time the dog smells me, it's right at my crotch. Then the dog immediately turns and runs away, tail between it's legs, then proceeds to tremble and wimper.
    i suddenly both really love,and really hate Lou. Trying to decide which way to go here...

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006

The same thing happened to me once, except it was a thoroughbred racing stallion. :D

G19LEO

Sep 14, 2011
    Montgomery County, MD
    Guys I realize news like this can sound slightly scary. There isn't much to worry about. The dirt ball criminal who's walking around with his Hi Point might be worried. Or the guy that fled on foot and pitched his gun might need to be worried. We don't care about the guy that's leaving Gilbert's (or wherever) legally transporting his/her firearm.

FWIW, one of the gun dog handlers is a good friend. He's also a very strong second amendment supporter as are a majority of officers I know and work with. If you're a legit dude, not breaking the law and not drawing unneeded attention to yourself you should be more worried about one of the local idiots wrecking into your car than one of the two gun dogs.

Also, reference the comments about depositing brass and ammo around randomly, I'm not sure what you think will happen...... Basically nothing.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Only utility I see in these dogs is helping to find a gun that someone's ditched or hidden. Certainly a dog alerting on a car wouldn't give you probable cause to search the car like a CDS dog does.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Only utility I see in these dogs is helping to find a gun that someone's ditched or hidden. Certainly a dog alerting on a car wouldn't give you probable cause to search the car like a CDS dog does.

That makes way too much sense to work in MoCo.. They'll likely allow it.

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Montgomery County Police and their municipalities are BORED!!! Gaithersburg PD has one dog, Rockville PD has 1 Dog, CCV PD, has none and enlists MPD or MoCo, and Takoma Park has 3. Montgomery County is bored, just look at the traffic stats, then break off an look in Bethesda :eek:

I may live here, but I went in the LE not to be a wannabe State Trooper.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Ahh, the future headlines will read.....

"We will not allow CCW in MoCo, it interferes with our highly trained, law-enforcement canines."

Marylandfisherman

Self Aware
    Nov 10, 2011
    Montgomery County Police and their municipalities are BORED!!! Gaithersburg PD has one dog, Rockville PD has 1 Dog, CCV PD, has none and enlists MPD or MoCo, and Takoma Park has 3. Montgomery County is bored, just look at the traffic stats, then break off an look in Bethesda :eek:

I may live here, but I went in the LE not to be a wannabe State Trooper.

What???

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Montgomery County Police and agencies that reside within the County limits, and the number of K9's they have.

I was explaining a simplified way of how tax paying dollars are wasted by these LE agencies. They seem to focus their law enforcement around traffic stops, or some sort of motor vehicle violation, hence why else would they have 'gun sniffing' dogs, mostly used on traffic stops. I can rant because I am in LE, I know some MoCo Cops very well, good group of guys for the most part, but not a well respected proactive agency by any means and the topic explains why.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Missed this tin foil thread.

Never heard of a dog being requested on a traffic stop.

The only times I've known them to be used is when looking for a gun tossed in an area (like woods and streets where kids walk home from school) or inside a house to find guns in concealed areas (on search warrants).

Do think the police really care enough to stop you on your way back from the range and search you and your car is silly.

Tinfoil up boys...they are coming for all your guns via dogs.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

This could be ugly. Imagine a bunch dogs trembling and wimpering.....:innocent0

This is my weapon, this is my gun. My weapon's for shootin' and my gun is for fun.:D

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Missed this tin foil thread.

Never heard of a dog being requested on a traffic stop.

The only times I've known them to be used is when looking for a gun tossed in an area (like woods and streets where kids walk home from school) or inside a house to find guns in concealed areas (on search warrants).

Do think the police really care enough to stop you on your way back from the range and search you and your car is silly.

Well, in America you would be right in saying that, but remember this is Montgomery County. I guess you need to do some reading, since calling out the dogs is some sort of Maryland SOP:
    http://articles.baltimoresun.com/19...1_rodwell-maryland-state-police-drug-searches
    A Baltimore native, Rodwell said he repeatedly refused to consent to a search of his Pontiac Bonneville when he was stopped for three hours along the southbound lanes in Harford County on Jan. 17, 1996.

He said the trooper threatened arrest and called for assistance from an officer with a drug-searching dog. The trooper was angry when no drugs were found, accused Rodwell of lying, took his keys and called a tow truck to impound the Pontiac, Rodwell said.

In a different lawsuit (within the last 3 years), a motorist was barred from driving away from a traffic stop until after a MD LE drug-sniffing dog was first brought out to do a "sniff around." The motorist lost his 4th amendment lawsuit because the 20 min wait for the dog wasn't a "significant enough" delay to be a 4th Amendment violation.

A Gazette article a few years back talked about how a gun sniffing dog in Howard County was brought out on a traffic stop and led to the seizure of a revolver from out of a seat pocket.

When you combine those Maryland LE dog call outs with experiences such as the member here who got jacked coming home from ACG by the MoCO PD (with his guns confiscated, after consenting under pressure to the search), you can see why some of us are concerned about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom