• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    No more Barnaby's?

Oh man, we used to close that place up some nights! Grew up and lived walking distance from it. I guess Wheaton ain't what it used to be in the 60's.

Barnabys has been gone for at least 5 years, probably close to 7. Jonathons in rockville is almost barnabys, but not quite.

I use to love barnabys. The Swiss Highlander was awesome.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    People's Republic of Takoma.

In fairness, I was here first. Then THEY came, and most everyone else left.

krztov

Jan 4, 2012
    Silver Spring
    Not much in wheaton these days as far as drinking establishments go. Barnabys, Anchor inn , royal mile, all gone. Maybe we would meet up for papusas and modelos?

There's a new Irish pub, forget the name of it, its in that area, I get all my local craft beers at party time (miss Kim is awesome) or elbes, when I have friends to drive I go to dogfish ale house in gaithersburg though

BigDubz

Nov 7, 2008
    You mean El Salvador Village right?

I taught myself spanish just by going to the Big Lots every Saturday afternoon.

:D I'm in one of the single family house neighborhoods off of appleridge rd, pretty much all old white people. I've got three original owners (1970's build) right around me, and everything has been very cool since we moved in.

That said, the big lots area, mc d's etc, fine in the daylight, otherwise... drive through only:sad20:

Feb 3, 2012
    MOCO
    I'm in MV. I live in one of the townhome neighborhoods where you can't park a pickup truck overnight unless in has some sort of bed cover on it (like a tonneau cover). I never understood what a bed cover has to do with being able to park my truck in front of my house overnight. That being said, I refuse to park my truck on Stedwick Rd. overnight...so I conformed and bought the tonneau cover.

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Wouldn't the Hooters in Rockville be a logical:innocent0 centralized MoCo meeting spot? Just sayin'...;)
    Wednesday is bike night there...

That works.....for a couple of reasons. :innocent0 Or perhaps The Green Turtle in Olney, still pretty central from all directions.
    Not that central.

Condo in Rockville (Diamondback and Keywest Ave side)
    House in Gaithersburg, walkable to Kentlands (hint..Medimmune)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom