• ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Female posing as a Male, I think.

Transgender Teen Arrested for Montgomery County School-Shooting Plot​

The Montgomery County Police Department (MCPD) arrested an 18-year-old transgender high-school student on Wednesday in connection with a plan to commit a school shooting.

Andrea Ye
    of Rockville, Maryland — who goes by the name “Alex” — authored a 129-page manifesto detailing her desire to attack an elementary school, writing that she wants to be famous and describing her strategy for carrying out the shooting, Montgomery County police announced in a Thursday press release.

After obtaining a search warrant, MCPD found internet searches, drawings, and other documents related to and threatening mass shootings. The police department said in its statement that it has worked with the county’s public-school district to increase security at local schools.

Ye, currently in custody at the Montgomery County Central Processing Unit awaiting a bond hearing, was charged with threats of mass violence.

MoCo Press Release:

Rockville Teen Charged with Threats of Mass Violence​

For Immediate Release: Thursday, April 18, 2024

Gaithersburg, MD
    - An 18-year-old high school student has been charged in connection with plans to commit a school shooting at a Montgomery County school.

Andrea Ye, of Rockville, whose preferred name is Alex Ye, was arrested on Wednesday, April 17, 2024, by the Montgomery County Police Department.

The arrest follows a joint investigation by MCPD and the FBI Baltimore Field Office, initiated after the FBI notified MCPD about a 129-page "manifesto" authored by Ye.

In the document, Ye writes about committing a school shooting, and strategizes how to carry out the act. Ye also contemplates targeting an elementary school and says that he wants to be famous.

A search warrant obtained by MCPD led to internet searches, drawings and documents related to threats of mass violence.

As a result of the investigation, the Montgomery County Department of Police – Community Engagement Division coordinated with Montgomery County Public Schools to increase security at schools, particularly Wootton High School.

Ye was taken into custody and charged with threats of mass violence. He is currently being held at the Montgomery County Central Processing Unit where he awaits a bond hearing.

A news conference is planned for Friday, April 19. The time and location will be released in a media advisory.

1713468157539.jpeg

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Can you imagine if MOCO hadn't spent over $1.2million+ to combat the hate!

And;

:omg:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    When is a threat an illegal threat? This kid wrote some fanciful manifesto with plans to kill people. Did she actually give the plan to someone or did she get arrested just for creating a plan?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    How many school employees are thinking that the maintenance man with the heater stashed in his trunk might have had the right idea?

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    When is a threat an illegal threat? This kid wrote some fanciful manifesto with plans to kill people. Did she actually give the plan to someone or did she get arrested just for creating a plan?
    Our friends at MOCO360 have gotten to reveal a few interesting facts while obscuring the obvious one;

According to charging documents, “the story focused on a transgender main character being bullied in school and other issues that Witness-One believed were directly from Ye’s life and not indicative of fiction.”

The witness said that the book indicated that Ye was planning the shooting for “the next day,” and contacted Baltimore County Police, who then reached out to Rockville City Police, charging documents said."

I suspect that when the "story" becomes actionable such as;

Ye “would express violent thoughts such as shooting up the school, wanting to hurt other people, and would smile while saying it,” and told the counselor that they were “looking up on the Internet how to get gun and how to get into the school, laws, and certain loopholes.”

MeatGrinder

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    MoCo, Eastern edge
    I have some personal awareness of this story. It's a horrible and tragic descent into mental illness. Before she/he fell into insanity, they were a good kid who was doing well in life. I can't imagine what the parents and family have been going through.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I have some personal awareness of this story. It's a horrible and tragic descent into mental illness. Before she/he fell into insanity, they were a good kid who was doing well in life. I can't imagine what the parents and family have been going through.
    That's sad. I wish sexual/gender identity confusion on no one. I don't understand it but it must be torturous.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I heard about this on WBAL radio on the way home from work. The one thing I didn't hear was the transgendered part. Hmm. Wonder why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom