• eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Go to the main MSI webite .
    Click on Join

Scroll thru the options and you will find both " Donate " , and " Litigation Fund " .

Litigation Fund goes 100% to litigation.
    Regular Donate also goes nearly all to litigation costs , minus only small amounts for printing educational brocures , booth rentals for events , etc . Nobody involved with MSI gets pay .

Or , if you're coming to the Nation's Gun Show in Chantilly this weekend ( as at virtually every gun show ) , there will be a donation can for the Litigation Fund at the MSI booth , in addition to discounted Membership/ Renewal , and MSI swag .

If anyone has thicker than average tinfoil , the Donation Can at events accepts anonymous cash .

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Can we personally sue the members that voted for this law? Or do they have qualified immunity?

Also - On a case like this, would MSI be awarded court costs/lawyers fees?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Can we personally sue the members that voted for this law? Or do they have qualified immunity?

Also - On a case like this, would MSI be awarded court costs/lawyers fees?
    Not Qualified Immunity, that's for Executive Branch employees. Legislative Immunity is a separate SCOTUS-created doctrine derived from English Common Law that would protect the County Council members for their votes, even if taken in bad faith.

Last edited:

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    A few years back I was attending a baptist church in Burtonsville and in comes Raskin to the front next to the pastor asking for the congregation vote. Then the pastor chimes in he is not political. I immediately felt sick and walked out with everyone attending looking at me as I left. My ex wife was livid.

I felt much better after I left the church.

No, never went back to that church
    Am I missing something? Why would you not be ok with the church when you said the pastor is not political? I'd think this would be the church you would get involved in.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    When churches lose their tax-exempt status due to such overt politicking they might change their ways. Whether that will happen is open to argument...Liberal churches in Liberal counties...not much chance.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Am I missing something? Why would you not be ok with the church when you said the pastor is not political? I'd think this would be the church you would get involved in.
    I think you are. Raskin standing next to the pastor asking the congregation for votes <> pastor being not political. Pastor lied...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

Because the Pastor " said " he was mon political , while he was Beeing political .

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Would officers, deputies and troopers be potentially personally on the hook for arresting one of us?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This new obsession with suing and arresting lawmakers is not only a distraction and a waste of time, but is a key example of "be careful what you wish for". Let's just focus on getting this law overturned.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I felt the pastor was telling us he was not politically motivated but was allowing at the same time a left sided politician to address the members from the pulpit. I probably would have been more accepting of having both political spectrums to address the members.

Maybe republicans were not asking to address the black churches or they were told they were not welcome at the time but the democrats sure did and the doors were open to them.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    What happened to the separation of church and state?

Raskin is apparently ignorant of 1st 2 amendments to the Constitution.

The more accurate observation is he doesn’t care

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom