• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mister F

Aug 16, 2022
    Rockville
    It just means getting permission to file under this judge’s standing case management order. Nothing other than that

Is this a courtesy so he can manage the resources needed for the case better, or can he be like “no, no leave for you!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Does anyone have an average time that it takes criminals to uncase their firearms, load a magazine or cylinder, and chamber a round?

I'd like to train to become faster than them.

Glad this law puts everyone on the same playing field. Those criminals really had the advantage before this.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Does anyone have an average time that it takes criminals to uncase their firearms, load a magazine or cylinder, and chamber a round?

I'd like to train to become faster than them.

Glad this law puts everyone on the same playing field. Those criminals really had the advantage before this.
    They always said they wanted the Second Amendment to go back to muskets. They've effectively done it here.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Israeli carry is when you don't have a round chambered.

Montgomery County carry is the term for carrying an unloaded gun in a enclosed case.

Should we start a poll about whether to apply the manual safety on the unloaded gun with in the enclosed case?

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Can the judge reasonably say no?
    No, no he can't. The standing order is applicable to all cases before this particular judge. It is a case management tool so that he can control scheduling for motions with counsel in a telephone conference and set a briefing schedule. The other side does not have a right to respond to the letter requesting a conference and the letter, which is limited to 3 pages, need only include enough discussion of the merits to show that the motion would not be wholly frivolous. It's a pain, but within his discretion.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Folks, question:

If you are on you own personal property, have a Carry Permit, but live within 100 yards of a State Park... Are you prevented from carrying while on your own property by this new law?

(My backyard is a State Park run my MoCo.)

GB

I’m in the exact same situation, being next to a “conservation park” that has no trails, or parking, etc.

My read of the MoCo statute is that it only exempts those “in” their homes within that 100yd [un]safety zone.

Since I’m not a MD lawyer, I’m not qualified to say if the state transport law permitting handgun carry on your own real property controls the situation.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    I looked at the Rockville Municode and see no references to firearms. Please provide a link to this statute
    This is all I could find.

City of Rockville ordinance on: HUNTING IN CITY LIMITS: 130.02 DISCHARGING FIREARMS.
    (A) Shooting upon, over or near a cemetery. No person shall, without permission from the proper officials, discharge a firearm upon or over a cemetery or within 100 yards thereof, unless the person is upon his or her own land.
    (B) Hunting near a city park. No person shall hunt, shoot, or kill game within 1/2 mile of a city park unless the City Council has granted permission to kill game not desired within the limits prohibited by this division.
    (C) Discharge of firearms prohibited in certain places. No person shall discharge a firearm on a lawn, park, playground, orchard, or other ground appurtenant to a school, church, or an inhabited dwelling, the property of another, or a charitable institution. This section does not prevent or prohibit the owner thereof from discharging firearms upon his or her own land.
    (D) Discharging firearms on highways prohibited. No person shall discharge a firearm upon or over a public road or highway.
    (E) Exceptions. This section shall not prohibit the firing of a military salute or the firing of weapons by persons of the nation's armed forces acting under military authority, and shall not apply to law enforcement officials in the proper enforcement of the law, or to any person in the proper exercise of the right of self defense, or to any person otherwise lawfully permitted by proper federal, state or local authorities to discharge a firearm in a manner contrary to the provisions of this section.
    (F) If any of the above provisions are found to be in conflict with M.S. ' 624.717, as it may be amended from time to time, the provisions of that statute shall prevail. Penalty, see ' 130.99

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    I’m in the exact same situation, being next to a “conservation park” that has no trails, or parking, etc.

My read of the MoCo statute is that it only exempts those “in” their homes within that 100yd [un]safety zone.

Since I’m not a MD lawyer, I’m not qualified to say if the state transport law permitting handgun carry on your own real property controls the situation.

Well, one would assume that that's a possible law suit as well.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    I looked at the Rockville Municode and see no references to firearms. Please provide a link to this statute

City of Rockville ordinance on: HUNTING IN CITY LIMITS: 130.02 DISCHARGING FIREARMS.
    (A) Shooting upon, over or near a cemetery. No person shall, without permission from the proper officials, discharge a firearm upon or over a cemetery or within 100 yards thereof, unless the person is upon his or her own land.
    (B) Hunting near a city park. No person shall hunt, shoot, or kill game within 1/2 mile of a city park unless the City Council has granted permission to kill game not desired within the limits prohibited by this division.
    (C) Discharge of firearms prohibited in certain places. No person shall discharge a firearm on a lawn, park, playground, orchard, or other ground appurtenant to a school, church, or an inhabited dwelling, the property of another, or a charitable institution. This section does not prevent or prohibit the owner thereof from discharging firearms upon his or her own land.
    (D) Discharging firearms on highways prohibited. No person shall discharge a firearm upon or over a public road or highway.
    (E) Exceptions. This section shall not prohibit the firing of a military salute or the firing of weapons by persons of the nation's armed forces acting under military authority, and shall not apply to law enforcement officials in the proper enforcement of the law, or to any person in the proper exercise of the right of self defense, or to any person otherwise lawfully permitted by proper federal, state or local authorities to discharge a firearm in a manner contrary to the provisions of this section.
    (F) If any of the above provisions are found to be in conflict with M.S. ' 624.717, as it may be amended from time to time, the provisions of that statute shall prevail. Penalty, see ' 130.99
    Thank you gents for not only questioning it but researching. Lets try our best not to spread misinformation to other CC permit holders and fact check.

Lets leave spreading misinformation to the Md permit instructors..whoops did i say that?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Most certainly does not address carry

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Are you sure that isn't just their grandfathered (essentially) no-trunk-gun law? I thought that was just about no loaded rifle (or shotgun) in your vehicle, which is actually legal elsewhere in the state (except for Rockville, Baltimore City, and That One Other Place Maybe Down Near Pax River But I Can't Remember.

Otherwise, Rockville is just like the rest of the state: no handguns unless you have the state W&C. If I'm wrong on this, I'd love to be straightened out.
    I believe it’s Leonardtown

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom