• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County

On and on it goes…

I have little doubt that if this judge could have rid himself of this case on a simple issue of standing, he would have done so long ago. I don't know what MoCo thinks motion accomplishes other than to annoy the judge with tenuous arguments that should have been made pretrial or during hearings, while seeming to poke him over how long the decision is taking. But better MoCo is doing the annoying poking than us, I guess.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Not at a surprise at all. Most of these laws will eventually be upheld and no yelling about Bruen or the supreme court is going to change that.

Even when the supreme court does do something, liberals will fight tooth and nail and slow walk everything. They'll effectively parse every phrase in the Bruen decision and judges will agree with them. Unfortunately a lot of internet personalities have convinced people Bruen is the magic ticket to the promised land. It isn't.

whiskey3

MDS Supporter
    Jul 27, 2022
    Solomons, MD
    104 pages long. Settle in for a long read
    I did. Very impressive.

Three times the memo states that permit holders are exempt from 10-410, having a loaded long gun in a car. That’s the first time I’ve heard that. Did I miss something or is this new. I ask because I would keep a loaded shotgun in my locked tool box on the truck, if that was allowed. Previous discussions here have analyzed this and determined it isn’t, due to 10-410.

“Specifically, as enacted by SB 1, MD Code, Public Safety, § 4-111(b)(11), provides that the restrictions otherwise set forth in Section 4-111 do not apply to “a firearm that is carried or transported in a motor vehicle if the firearm is: (i) locked in a container; or (ii) a handgun worn, carried, or transported in compliance with any limitations imposed under § 5–307 of the public safety article, by a person to whom a permit to wear, carry, or transport the handgun has been issued under title 5, subtitle 3 of the public safety article.” This provision would allow a permit holder to carry a loaded handgun and a loaded long gun. “

“Likewise, existing Maryland law provides the same exception for the possession of a loaded long gun by a permit holder in or on a vehicle. See MD Code, Natural Resources, § 10- 410(c)(1). “

“Persons with carry permits are also expressly exempted from the restrictions on the carrying of “dangerous weapons” by MD Code, Criminal Law, § 4-101(b)(3), and from the ban on the possession of a loaded firearm in or on a vehicle by MD Code, Natural Resources, § 10-410(c)(1).”

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Help us Justice Thomas. You're our only hope.

clarence-thomas-clarence-thomas-laugh.gif

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Not at a surprise at all. Most of these laws will eventually be upheld and no yelling about Bruen or the supreme court is going to change that.

Even when the supreme court does do something, liberals will fight tooth and nail and slow walk everything. They'll effectively parse every phrase in the Bruen decision and judges will agree with them. Unfortunately a lot of internet personalities have convinced people Bruen is the magic ticket to the promised land. It isn't.
    One step at a time….

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Check out this section on churches:

Insanity.

Given this restriction, I'm thinking a number of people will become certified and "independent" Maryland Security Guards.

Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019

Insanity.

Given this restriction, I'm thinking a number of people will become certified and "independent" Maryland Security Guards.

“Let them eat cake out of their donation plates at their houses of worship.”

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Insanity.

Except for Maryland's new law that goes into effect Oct 1 that requires any armed security to show proof of LE training. (sic)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom