• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sloopjonb

Feb 5, 2016
    Welcome to Montgomery County; trying hard to become the new Baltimore.

Increase Section 8 housing, defund the police, bring in more New Americans, and make the county a Gun-Free Zone. (And encourage bounties on SCOTUS justices; take two out and we'll reverse Bruen.)
    Wow must be hell living in Md. I moved away in 74 to a red state. I can leave my house like right now its 4pm and have a new hand gun rifle etc by 5 and walking out if I go to the closest place and know what I want. My next purchase will be an AR sometime around Christmas when the prices are lower.

Mister F

Aug 16, 2022
    Rockville
    Losing is as good as winning. Ok, not as good as we’d like. Either way it would be appealed. We all knew “sensitive places” was next element of jurisprudence to be explored. Welcome to the very cutting edge of law !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    Check out this section on churches:

Insanity.

Given this restriction, I'm thinking a number of people will become certified and "independent" Maryland Security Guards.

Interest balancing, prima facia. This is patently contrary to Bruen.

1688677893706.png

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    No. Just the PI is denied. I don't think it's been ruled on its merits yet.
    Actually, the judge did address multiple points which he determined would fail upon review.

One of my favorites is the Hospital issue. Apparently they didn't exist in modern form, so the County couldn't have found regulations regarding their being sensitive places. And yet the court decided the County had sufficiently demonstrated historical basis for restrictions, apparently in the absence of any restrictions. (Page 33, if you care).

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Losing is as good as winning. Ok, not as good as we’d like. Either way it would be appealed. We all knew “sensitive places” was next element of jurisprudence to be explored. Welcome to the very cutting edge of law !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, sharp as a hammer.

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    And hence my comments that SCOTUS needs to get off their asses and do their job. It's obvious these local politicians are giving them the middle finger on their authority. Yet they sit back and do nothing.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    And hence my comments that SCOTUS needs to get off their asses and do their job. It's obvious these local politicians are giving them the middle finger on their authority. Yet they sit back and do nothing.
    That’s really not how this works. It needs to go through the proper progression.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    As per your original plaint, the SCOTUS has "ultimate appellate jurisdiction over all federal court cases, and over state court cases that involve a point of U.S. Constitutional or federal law". That's their purview.

They are doing their job.

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    That’s really not how this works. It needs to go through the proper progression.
    And that's the crap that's causing all this erosion of the 2A. The Democrats know this and the poster that said Bruen isn't the magic bullet everyone is making it out to be is spot on.

As per your original plaint, the SCOTUS has "ultimate appellate jurisdiction over all federal court cases, and over state court cases that involve a point of U.S. Constitutional or federal law". That's their purview.

They are doing their job.

They can choose to hear cases that are presented to them directly that pertain to the violation of Bruen but they have chosen not to. If they are serious with their rulings, they would fast track any unconstitutional laws that are obviously violating their ruling. They're not. The Democrats know this and are just happy to tie up our 2A rights in litigation.

Bruen might as well never have happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom