• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    http://www2.montgomerycountymd.gov/mcgportalapps/Press_Detail.aspx?Item_ID=17536

This is next Thursday in Rockville.

"ROCKVILLE, Md., November 7, 2016—Montgomery County Councilmember George Leventhal, who chairs the Council’s Health and Human Services Committee, at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 17, will host a public forum on the “Impact of Gun Violence on Public Health.” The forum is open to the public and will be held at the Council Office Building in Rockville.”

"The evening’s featured speakers will include Councilmember Leventhal and Georges Benjamin, the executive director of the American Public Health Association. Dr. Benjamin has written and spoken extensively about whether gun violence should be treated as a public health issue."

Who wants to turn out and have some fun???

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Question #1 to ask: Why do you continue to blame inanimate objects instead of violent criminals and murderers?

Question #2 to ask: Why do you refuse to campaign for enforcing existing law to put violent criminals and murderers in prison for the maximum time?

Question #3 to ask: Why do insist on penalizing law-abiding citizens while not saying a word when violent offenders are given light sentences and early parole?

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    When PRESIDENT TRUMP gets rid of those deadly "gun free zones" once and for all and the number of mass shootings go way down, maybe then we can blame the guns.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Will they also be addressing knife violence, bat violence, and fist violence?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Clip and bring news articles of the ensuing riot in Baltimore tonight. I'm thinking that beatings and arson in and around JHU and JHH campuses tonight.might be a little more of a public health problem.

one-star

Mar 9, 2009
    http://www2.montgomerycountymd.gov/mcgportalapps/Press_Detail.aspx?Item_ID=17536

This is next Thursday in Rockville.

"ROCKVILLE, Md., November 7, 2016—Montgomery County Councilmember George Leventhal, who chairs the Council’s Health and Human Services Committee, at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 17, will host a public forum on the “Impact of Gun Violence on Public Health.”...."

Who wants to turn out and have some fun???

Its a shame, I generally like Leventhal, he does a great job of constituent service--you want a MoCo agency to pay attention to you, just cc his office on the email and the Fist of an Angry God comes out and smites them for you.

Still-"In 2015, Montgomery County recorded 30 homicides, which included an incident that occurred in 2014, but was ruled a homicide in 2015. Thirty homicides are a significant increase from previous years, and the highest number of homicides in Montgomery County since 2002......This year, investigations determined that eight homicides were gang related,
    a considerable increase over previous years..." perhaps the problem isnt guns, but MS and Vatos Locos.
    https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/POL/Resources/Files/crime/MCP2015AnnualCrimeReportFINAL.pdf

Last edited:

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    If weapons kill people, how do I own hundreds of weapons yet I'm still alive? How do I survive going to gun shows where there's thousands of guns in one room?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Question #1 to ask: Why do you continue to blame inanimate objects instead of violent criminals and murderers?

Question #2 to ask: Why do you refuse to campaign for enforcing existing law to put violent criminals and murderers in prison for the maximum time?

Question #3 to ask: Why do insist on penalizing law-abiding citizens while not saying a word when violent offenders are given light sentences and early parole?

yep instead of keeping violent offenders in jail to prevent them from repeating their crimes, we want to take guns away from EVERYONE in a fantasy that criminals will stop being criminals.

snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    Its a shame, I generally like Leventhal, he does a great job of constituent service--you want a MoCo agency to pay attention to you, just cc his office on the email and the Fist of an Angry God comes out and smites them for you.

Still-"In 2015, Montgomery County recorded 30 homicides, which included an incident that occurred in 2014, but was ruled a homicide in 2015. Thirty homicides are a significant increase from previous years, and the highest number of homicides in Montgomery County since 2002......This year, investigations determined that eight homicides were gang related,
    a considerable increase over previous years..." perhaps the problem isnt guns, but MS and Vatos Locos.
    https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/POL/Resources/Files/crime/MCP2015AnnualCrimeReportFINAL.pdf

Leventhal is a jerk...I've seen him in action.

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring

Good to know.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    We could have some fun with this.

1. We should organize the action. focus on a limited number of pointsmtobe made.

2. Organize a yuuuge turnout to pack the room.

3. Have a planned roster of speakers--all from HoCo. If the event leader begins asking that everyone identify themselves by name and address, "outsiders" will be labeled as such and we lose our momentum.

We could convene a conference call of all interested folks to plan our action. If there's interest I would volunteer my Free Conference Call accuont for the conference call. What do you think?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    n. How can a "gun" commit violence?
    n. How can this "viral infection" be "out of control" when the number of violent crimes is dropping?
    n. Do you know that you are safer in areas with less firearm restrictions?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    When I was raised in MoCo in the '60's and '70's, one shooting death a year in MoCo was news, talked about endlessly all year.
    There were far fewer gun control laws then.
    There were far more gun stores in MoCo then. The Sportsman in downtown Bethesda and EJ Korvettes on R'ville Pike sold 'em, to name two. Gun shows were at the MoCo Fairgrounds.

If there were 30 gun homicides in MoCo in 2015,
    Is it because today's guns are more dangerous than in the '60's and '70's? no
    Is it because there are fewer gun control laws? no
    Is it because there are more gun stores? no

Is it because of the typical urban malaise that accompanies all Leftist-controlled urban environments, including massive illegal drug and now gang and related crime? yes, in large part

It's kind of like fighting radical Islamic terrorism, Leventhal: If you can't name the real problem, you can't fix it.

Oh, and good thing he's holding this in November and not after Jan. 20 when President Trump pulls the plug on the swamp. MoCo is right there in the center of the swamp and the water will start swirling as it goes down the drain. A recession and 7% unemployment rate in MoCo would probably signal 1% growth to the rest of the country's GDP and 2% to its productivity. lol. Only a slight exaggeration, if at all..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom