• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Ok, I got the lower done except for the buffer assembly. I need to buy this part, and wondering if the run of the mill el cheapo will do. This is for an AR pistol. What brand is good?

Next question- is there another tool that can be used for the castle nut tightening? Some common tool? If not, can someone stop by and lend me one when I get the buffer parts? I could buy the cheap AR tool (Midway has them, haven't looked elseware) for 9.00, but reviews say it's not the greatest.

Lastly, inexpensive sights or optic. I would prefer to pay a lot less than the MBUS type for irons ( front and rear). Is there a cheaper alternative that is good? The MBUS set at Midway is like 90.00.

Oh yeah, and sling options and sling attachment options for AR pistols?

I would like to buy all these things from the same place if possible

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Lastly, inexpensive sights or optic. I would prefer to pay a lot less than the MBUS type for irons ( front and rear). Is there a cheaper alternative that is good? The MBUS set at Midway is like 90.00.

Oh yeah, and sling options and sling attachment options for AR pistols?

I would like to buy all these things from the same place if possible

Front and rear Magpul MBUS sights are here on sale ($70 for the set) ...

http://www.primaryarms.com/search.aspx?ss=mbus

They have reasonable shipping charges. Chad endorsed the basic MBUS sights in another thread tonight.

In case you have QD attachment points built in to your pistol, this sling is also on sale ...

http://www.primaryarms.com/search.aspx?ss=MAG518

(although there are many simpler options and unclear if you need with a pistol)

They have a discount code of "SUMMER" that may knock these prices down more.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I am in Elk Neck and have a couple multi wrenches and just a castle nut wrench.

Is it a pistol length gas system or carbine? May want a heavier buffer if pistol.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    For buffers probably Phase5 but a cheapo would probably do you just as well. I've used two different cheap pistol buffers and had no major problems out of them. As far as flipups, watch out for super cheapos. They're probably gonna be for airsofts and no good. Not sure of caliber so I can't recommend a buffer weight.

ashershapiro

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 11, 2014
    I wouldn't go cheap on buis if you are going to be using them as primary sights. Even good ones like Daniel defense fixed sights or mbus pros will be much cheaper than optics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    If you are working on the buffer end, you can get an end plate with a sling attachment point, either QD or not... single point slings are what I run on my AR pistols, work well with that attachment point. ;)

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I got the upper today and stuck the lower on it for a pic. It's 5.56/.223.

I'll check out those links.

Bartman and f-stop, would you be willing to drop it by? I could use it right then and then you can leave with it.

Attachments

• EBP.jpg
      EBP.jpg
      50.1 KB · Views: 272

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I would not personally run a collapsible buffer tube for a rifle, on a pistol build. Some wrap them in paracord to prevent installing a stock, but... having a stock in your possession and a buffer tube on a 'pistol' that can accept that stock is a violation.

A pistol buffer tube cannot accept a stock, it will be round with no section for the indexing and locking of the stock to the tube.. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom