Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    Someone needs to taker her OUT...

shooting that is of coarse, maybe she could learn something :D

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    I dont really know anything about PTSD but my bet most who suffer from it come from liberal homes where they were coddled whenever something went wrong and weren't raised to tough out tough situations.

Again I'm just speculating and mean no offense to anyone if I'm completely off track

MovingFusion

Dec 29, 2012
    One of the arguments put forth as to why LE needs access to assault weapons, is that they have the power to serve warrants and make arrests. How does that argument even apply to retired LEO's?

Once you retire, do you not lose your policing authority and revert to being a normal citizen? LEO's feel free to correct me, I actually don't know the answer to that question.

MotoJ

Sep 4, 2012
    Mobtown
    They need the various police organizations to kick in their support, so exempting LEOs and retired LEOs from the ban is basically a bribe.

Mickey the Dragon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2009
    Ohio
    I dont really know anything about PTSD

Then any speculations you make will be unhelpful at best.

Unless your parents randomly blew up your friends when you were a child, your upbringing will not prepare you for the types of events that service members both past and present have lived through. PTSD isn't a new phenomenon, it just wasn't talked about in the past so people didn't understand it.

Library Guy

Library Marksmanship Unit
    May 25, 2012
    Because police officers have hours and hours of range time with rifles and never ever have mental health issues. Bet they could teach the Marines a thing or two.

Semper Circa

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    Then any speculations you make will be unhelpful at best.

Unless your parents randomly blew up your friends when you were a child, your upbringing will not prepare you for the types of events that service members both past and present have lived through. PTSD isn't a new phenomenon, it just wasn't talked about in the past so people didn't understand it.

I didn't mean it like that but I get what you say. Is PTSD more prevalent than it used to be or is it just that more people have woken up to the problem?

Waitwhat

Feb 19, 2013
    Assault weapons are dangerous killing machines that have no place on our streets.

Unless you're a cop, then they're personal defense weapons. Seriously, nothing against LEOs, but this is getting ridiculous.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    So Feinstein wants the rogue police to be able to prey on helpless civilians, which is exactly what happened in CA recently!

Mickey the Dragon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2009
    Ohio
    I didn't mean it like that but I get what you say. Is PTSD more prevalent than it used to be or is it just that more people have woken up to the problem?

I would say that it's simply better understood and more openly discussed. PTSD wasn't even formally defined until 1980, so veterans of other wars may have been suffering, but theyd didn't want to be labeled as crazy or weak so they simply clammed up and tried to deal with it on their own. Now people understand the problem so some of the stigma has been removed and people feel more comfortable seeking treatment.

Here's an article by the National Institute of Health talking about it: http://report.nih.gov/nihfactsheets/ViewFactSheet.aspx?csid=58

To give you an idea of just how many people it affects, over 100K service members have been diagnosed with PTSD since 2000.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County

No..its not a new problem. It is just more readily identifiable. Many veteran's from past wars (vietnam etc) went along with their PTSD untreated and ended up in the streets.

HollowPoint

Aged Member
    Sep 13, 2011
    Inside the Outside
    She's pandering to LEO's to get their support.

Huge swaths of the law enforcement community have come out in hoards against these laws. The gun-grabbers are trying to silence their resistance & testimony by exempting them. Bloomburg and Oh'Mally will do the same. Pure political pandering!!!

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    We really need to amend the 22nd Amendment to establish term limits to help usher crazies like her out of office.

This amendment clearly shows her bill is about CONTROL and has nothing to do with public safety.

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    Does anyone here have any source of information regarding the percentage of LEOs that train with, qualify or even get opportunities to shoot AR-15s or tactical shotguns as part of their employment? I'm not taking into account private interest but only what is required/available on the job. I was wondering about the anti argument for exemptions of retired LEOs regarding ARs and such based on their "special competency and training".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom