• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    I would think that her comment yesterday that it was "legal to hunt humans with 50, 30, or 150 round magazines" would draw more of a reaction then this.

matt1

Feb 5, 2013
    anne arundel county md
    That old hag needs to take a history lesson and maybe some psych 101. I mean she literally never knows remotely what she is talking about. PTSD is in NO WAY a "new phenomenon of the Iraq war" in fact some of the strongest cases of it date back to our earliest wars. Back then it went by many names as it wasnt understood... Following our World Wars it was referred to as "shell shock" and has been extensively studied by countless psych professionals for the last 100 years. Even Pavlov did extensive research into the subject in the 20's. The specific term PTSD arose around the early 1980s when they realized shell shock wasnt encompassing a broad enough group. They realized rape victims and others of traumatic experiences could fall under the same category so they expanded the term. But that was back in the Vietnam war! For as old of a hag as Feinstein is, one would think she would know her history a little bit more before she opens her idiotic mouth. When will the people of this country stop listening to people less intelligent than Little Wayne!!! god!

Last edited:

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I dont really know anything about PTSD but my bet most who suffer from it come from liberal homes where they were coddled whenever something went wrong and weren't raised to tough out tough situations.

Again I'm just speculating and mean no offense to anyone if I'm completely off track

You are completely off track... Chris Kyle suffered from PTSD, think he was raised to be a *****? Go read his book then come back and restate your opinion about the origins of PTSD.

PTSD is really a lack of cognitive processing from events so horrible that words fail to capture it adequately. As a result, in many cases, the mind holds on to the images instead of the words, which can really drive much of the "disorder". PTSD is basically someone who hasn't yet recovered from a traumatic event because they haven't yet been able to wrap their brain around why the event has even occurred.

It has little to do with coddling and more to do with values and vocabulary. The values and core beliefs of the person suffering the disorder have been essentially shattered and the words to properly put it into context simply don't exist (at least not in any rational sense). This is a pretty horrible thing to go through and I have seen some very tough guys get humbled by the experience.

Good news is that PTSD is at least treatable with a high degree of success. FWIW, PSTD rates have not increased, but awareness has, PTSD rates have been fairly static in most wars.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I think point in fact of the matter is that all of these politicians that want guns banned have something real to fear. they have always been able to control the world they live in. you can manipulate the people who work for you. You cant bully the people you work for. if shtf for these reps they don't want you to be armed with more than pillows. it keeps THEM safe.

You guys just aren't getting it. It's not because LEOs have special training and competence, although we all know they all do. It's because they're better people whose lives are more important than the rest of us. Like Senators from CA. Vets, on the other hand, are mentally-unstable ticking time bombs. And the rest of us are criminals who just haven't been caught yet.

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    PTSD has always been a part of war. However, science / society did not get around to understanding what it is, causes, etc until recent decades. No matter how hard a soldier, EMT, or LEO is, anyone can suffer from PTSD.

It really has nothing to do with anyone's mental or physical strength.

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Also, it has been taboo to talk about PTSD until recently. Counseling was discouraged, especially for for "lifers."

Now, very unfortunately, i think these gun laws may discourage a lot of red-blooded americans from getting the attention they need for fear of losing the constitutional rights they fight to protect. Thanks Frosh!

3/2ACR Vet

Jul 6, 2012
    Baltimore City
    Also, it has been taboo to talk about PTSD until recently. Counseling was discouraged, especially for for "lifers."

Now, very unfortunately, i think these gun laws may discourage a lot of red-blooded americans from getting the attention they need for fear of losing the constitutional rights they fight to protect. Thanks Frosh!

This X1000!

The one soldier I served with who went to counseling after our war lasted about a month and a half before he was chaptered as unfit. Taught us to clam up real fast.

I imagine it is far worse for our military men and women now. Desert Storm really only had a very few of us (percentage wise) hanging out on the sharp end

I really wonder about this woman and her state.

henn5849

Aug 29, 2009
    Cecil County, MD
    I dont really know anything about PTSD but my bet most who suffer from it come from liberal homes where they were coddled whenever something went wrong and weren't raised to tough out tough situations.

Again I'm just speculating and mean no offense to anyone if I'm completely off track

That comment makes you an ass...

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

This goes for the people with very high security clearances as well...

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Reminds me of the MD Senate 281 floor debate where that female senator kept bringing this up. She must subscribe to Feinstein's blog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom