• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDH

Apr 30, 2005
    Harford County
    I plan on turkey hunting this year and found a nice deal @ Dicks Sporting Goods. The 835 I got was the Turkey combo, it has a 24" turkey barrel and a 28" waterfowl barrel with several chokes. The tag listed $499.00 and was on clearance for $349.00. Bass Pro said they didn't have this deal and a Wally world special order is 20 bucks higher. I just got it so I haven't been to the range yet. Anyone have good or bad reviews about this shotgun?

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Turkey Hunting Clinic

I plan on turkey hunting this year and found a nice deal @ Dicks Sporting Goods. The 835 I got was the Turkey combo, it has a 24" turkey barrel and a 28" waterfowl barrel with several chokes. The tag listed $499.00 and was on clearance for $349.00. Bass Pro said they didn't have this deal and a Wally world special order is 20 bucks higher. I just got it so I haven't been to the range yet. Anyone have good or bad reviews about this shotgun?
    Turkey Hunting Clinic
    March 3,2007
    Clinic : 9:00 am until finished
    Location: Meyerstation Nature Center 1553 Meyers Station Rd. Odenton , Md.21113
    Clinic Sponsored by : Central Maryland Chapter NWTF
    Registration Fee : $5.00 under 17 is FREE
    The Central Maryland Chapter has again responded to the popularity of hunting the turkey by offering clinics designed to meet the needs of all hunters

CLINIC TOPICS
    Safety & Ethics Calls and Calling and the use of Decoys
    Scouting Techniques Natural History and Management
    Shooting Tips & Techniques Camouflage
    PLUS!! Shotgun patterning, bring your shotgun, along with field hunting exercise

For more information or Pre-Registration
    Buz Meyer –301-261-6996
    Gene Hyatt -410-760-8291
    Frank Hall –410-789-8764
    e- mail fjhal816@aol.com
    Refreshments and food will be available.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Does your shotgun have the vented barrel? Mine does and when it is kinda dark the muzzle flash comes out the vent holes and can be sort of blinding. Other than that my safety switch is very loud and the trigger is very tight. But its a good gun never had any problems with it

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Jim Sr, thanks for that Turkey Clinic info, just registered. Anyone else going? I'll be along with my trusty 870SM

deerslayer79

Jan 27, 2007
    Delmar Md
    watch your eye relief when using a scope and 3.5in shells because a 835 can and will cut you if your not careful,other than that I love mine workhorse of a shotgun,can't beat them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom