• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I had a friend with the JM 930 and he was very disappointed on his first outing with the gun. The gun didn't like winchester universals and turned it into a single shot affair with the cartridges getting stuck in the chamber then the extractor ripping a hole in the rim. The bolt face is not fully supported so the cartridge would also bubble out on the back. The cartridges did come out easy with a rod. When fully loading up the mag tube the follower would then get stuck in the mag tube extension and this then cause the gun not to feed from the magazine.

Other than that the gun was fantastic, don't forget the 1hr on hold for customer service and they didn't offer to send the gun back for free since it was brand new.
    Do NOT use Win Universal 12ga ammo in the 930. I learned my lesson within the first 2 3-gun events when the JMP extractor ripped a section of the metal rim on the shell right off the side of the shell casing. I switched to Federal 7.5/8 100rd Value paks from WM and have not had an issue since.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Do NOT use Win Universal 12ga ammo in the 930. I learned my lesson within the first 2 3-gun events when the JMP extractor ripped a section of the metal rim on the shell right off the side of the shell casing. I switched to Federal 7.5/8 100rd Value paks from WM and have not had an issue since.

This is the same ammo I use in mine. Haven't tried winchester in it but I have heard they don't like it for some reason.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Yea, I'm gonna swap out the Universals my buddy bought for his 930 and run them in my shotguns which will eat anything. Its funny how when I got home and googled it I got a dozen hits with the 930 and Winchester Universals. It almost seemed like the chamber is cut a little wider on the 930 and the shells expand ever so slightly then the extractor rips a nice chunk out of the rim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom